Senior Product Manager, Merchandising, CKJ Women Apparel, AP
- Calvin Klein
- Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Closing date
- 4 Jan 2022
- Merchandising & Planning
- Senior Manager
- Full Time
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Develop Asia Pacific merchandise plan by understanding future trends, analyzing current business and collecting feedback from directly operated and distribution countries.
- Keep relevant departments & affiliated offices informed of key global product initiatives. Liaise with involved parties to ensure those initiatives are launched according to an agreed plan.
- In partnership with Global Design Teams, identify potential gaps in the line plan, make recommendations for improving the assortment for the market.
- Review seasonal assortments (collections) relative to the merchandise plan and ensure they can meet company targets.
- Monitor yearly, seasonal budgets and inventory plans by country.
- Responsible for preparing market presentations with line and product direction, style assortments and pricing.
- Review sell-in and sell-through on a regional and country level. Monitor and analyze sales performance & inventory levels by market.
- Provides core and seasonal product knowledge support to Retail Operations to drive sales and service and generate excitement within our retail channels
- Communicates closely with Retail Operations, wholesale and franchise partners and other stakeholders to continually understand buying trends, developments amongst competitors, consumer insights, etc.
- Lead team members in all cross-function toward business and profitability objectives; monitor progress against objectives and define strategies to correct problems as they arise.
- Drives continuous improvement of Merchandising systems and processes (sales and sell-through analysis; OTB management; sales modelling and forecasting; hindsight studies; style and size analysis; competitive/market intelligence; pricing research) to optimize the business.
- Lead and communicate effectively with a team of merchandisers at varying levels; responsible for team building, coaching, and training.
- Build a high performing team through talent development; create individual and team goals based on performance metrics; monitor performance and give clear and frequent feedback.
- Anticipate and plan for future business/organizational needs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 10 years all-rounded merchandising experience, with at least 5 years in a managerial role in the retail industry
- Previous working experience in Apparel is an advantage.
Education: Bachelor degree preferred
- Solid understanding of retail buying and the product creation process
- Strong commercial sense and knowledge of consumer/fashion trends
- Intense interest in fashion branding / retailing
- Creative, visionary and able to articulate product point-of-view
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Collaborative with the ability to work across functions and in concert with the region and global counterparts
- Excellent people and process management skills
- high-level English required
- Able to travel at least 30% of the time
For five decades, CALVIN KLEIN has been a cultural catalyst, creating a legacy of iconic imagery and provocative conversation while retaining its American DNA and youth-inspired designs. Our associates are a group of talented individuals with unique personalities and perspectives. At CALVIN KLEIN, we take risks, embrace differences and strive to make a positive impact on the world. Above all, we care passionately for the brand, our customer and each other. Founded in 1968 by Calvin Klein and his business partner Barry Schwartz, CALVIN KLEIN is one of the world’s largest and most successful designer fashion brands. We are driven by our associates, creating one of the most visionary workforces in fashion. We are proud of who we are, what we do, and the future we are creating. Global retail sales of CALVIN KLEIN products exceeded $8 billion in 2017, and CALVIN KLEIN branded products are distributed in 110+ countries. CALVIN KLEIN employs a worldwide network of over 10,000 associates and operates more than 2,000 free-standing stores globally. Calvin Klein, Inc. was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2003.
- 020 589 9888
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert