Unique Merchandise Initiatives Strategist
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 13 Jan 2022
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Unique Merchandise Initiatives Strategist is responsible for day-to-day duties in executing merchant plans & strategies. This position requires frequent communication with multiple teams, divisions, and vendor. In this role you will partner with the Director of Merchandising Initiatives on the curation and execution of the Carousel assortment across both stores and digital channels for all GMM's pyramids and Integrated Marketing. Responsibilities include developing and implementing Merchant strategies, partnering with Planning to analyze / react to sales trend while maximizing business opportunities to offer business driving recommendations.
- Assist in curating and executing the assortment for buying responsibilities for the Carousel maintaining total Carousel and Integrated Marketing prep sheets and Look Books.
- Independently forecast the business and provide meaningful insights or recommendations - identify and maximize financial opportunities / minimize liabilities on total business, markdowns and mark out of stock.
- Partner with Planning organization to understand receipt/sales goals per shop and ensure curation is meeting goals.
- Identify vendor opportunities and develop vendor relationships with Integrated Marketing vendors as the key liaison for all major buying touchpoints (assorting, onboarding, setup, purchase order management, shipping, liquidation.)
- Oversee the launch and liquidation of the Carousel shop from a merchandise perspective - maintain ship log to ensure timely merchandise delivery through consistent follow-up and communication with vendors/merchants, ensure booking of all Integrated Marketing product, reconcile on order/ Return to Vendor (RTV)
- Partner with Manager of Unique Merchandising to brief all Integrated Marketing merchant info, monitor marketing assets for accuracy, monitor inventory for email deployments, etc.
- Partner with Site and Merchandise Marketing to ensure all Integrated Marketing products are turned in and live on site.
Qualifications and Competencies:
Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar role
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
Click here to enter text.
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert