Atelier Assistant - Seasonal Fulltime Freelance
- Proenza Schouler
- New York City, New York (US)
- Closing date
- 3 Jan 2022
- Design - Garments & Accessories
- Entry Level / Assistant
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Assist in atelier with workflow, deadlines, construction swatches and overall scheduling needs as directed by Director and Patternmakers.
- Work with all cross-functioning teams within company, including fabrics, trims and Product Development to launch protos and samples during runway collection.
- Update Work in Progress board weekly as per fitting and development updates
- Create Material sheets for all final samples.
- Prepare and send sample packages to our midtown partners as noted during atelier reviews.
- Partner and work closely with all vendors to ensure samples and product is made to follow all details and specs per Proenza Schouler Standards and quality.
- Previous relevant internship and/or entry level experience.
- Full time freelance for 4-6 weeks including some overtime as needed during Runway Collections
- Understanding of Apparel Patterns, construction and sewing techniques.
- Experience with midtown development a plus.
- Organized and able to work well under tight deadlines.
- Flexible work schedule during runway seasons.
Proenza Schouler is a New York based womenswear and accessories brand founded in 2002 by designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez. The duo met while studying at Parsons School of Design, collaborating on their senior thesis, which would eventually become their first collection as Proenza Schouler. The collection was bought in its entirety by Barneys New York. Proenza Schouler is named after the two designers' mothers' maiden names, Proenza being the maiden name of Hernandez' mother and Schouler that of McCollough's mother.
Proenza Schouler is defined by its fusion of craftsmanship and attention to detail with a sense of refined ease. Inspiration drawn from contemporary art and youth culture is combined with an emphasis on tailoring and the use of custom developed fabrics.
Awarded with the inaugural CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund award in 2004, three years later, Proenza Schouler was honoured with the 2007 CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year award. In June 2011, the designers were awarded their second CFDA Womenswear Designer of the Year Award.
Proenza Schouler is sold in over 100 of the most exclusive retail outlets worldwide, including Barneys New York, Bergdorf Goodman, Harvey Nichols, Colette, and Joyce.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert