Bartender - Studio 59, Part Time: 59th Street
- Restaurant Hours 11:00am - 6:00pm
- Earn $10.00 per hour based on experience
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
- Day-1 Medical*, Dental, Vision Benefits & More
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Scheduling
- *Full-Time Colleagues Only
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Do you have what it takes to provide outstanding service in a full-service restaurant environment? Are you prepared to create an exciting and engaging environment to the best and most deserving guests in the world? Bloomingdale's, Like No Other Store In The World is seeking an experienced Restaurant Bartender/Server. If you are enthusiastic about pursuing a career in the restaurant business and would like to serve fun and creative food and beverages to our upscale clientele, we might be just the place for you.
- Welcome guests to the restaurant and acclimate them to the services and product we provide.
- Reflect the Bloomingdale's brand of friendliness, warmth and engagement.
- Explain the menu, ingredients and preparation of all items as requested or necessary.
- Take food and beverage orders accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Execute all restaurant Steps of Service.
- Serve all food and beverages to guests within proper and established guidelines.
- Assess quality of ingredients and presentation to ensure standards are being met.
- Provide exemplary service that upholds all standards of Bloomingdale's brand in a manner consistent with guests' expectations.
- Ensure that the kitchen understands any special requirements or requests of a guest and produces the dishes appropriately.
- Set all tables according to established specifications.
- Clean and bus tables as required.
- Maintain and Monitor entire station at all times and meet guests' needs before or as they arise.
- Interface professionally with all members of management, Front-Of-House and Back-Of-House staff.
- Ability to work and/or assist with any station/section as needed.
- Run food for another server if that server is not available and food is ready.
- Assist with serving and clearing other servers' tables as needed for the benefit of the guest.
- Maintain superior sanitation and cleanliness protocols at all times.
- Execute all side-work duties as established by Restaurant Manager; ability to bend, crouch, reach required, ability to move, lift, arrange, organize 40+ pounds required.
- Schedule - High flexibility and open availability for which days, times, shifts you work.
- Be capable of acting as a trainer or mentor to new hires as requested.
- Attend service training classes and programs as requested and scheduled by management.
- Attend all staff meetings as requested and scheduled.
- Ensure that company service standards are met (i.e. B-Way Of Service, B-Way Of Courtesy).
- Utilize POS system appropriately.
- Be able to "self bank" without impacting level of service.
- Be able to step in for the host/hostess/busser as requested.
- Understand and adhere to all store policies, including but not limited to: dress code, meal policy, time & attendance standards, use of company property, loss prevention initiatives, workplace safety standards, schedule requests, conduct with co-workers, etc.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays
- 2 years professional service experience - either high-end or well-run casual operations.
- 2 years proper bartending experience, including making all cocktails per exact measurements.
- Understanding of proper classic American service.
- Understanding of proper service of spirits, beer and wine.
- Knowledge of restaurant POS system (i.e. Micros, PosiTouch, Squirrel, Aloha, etc.).
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, high end restaurant environment.
- Ability to "Read a Table" to understand service expectation of guests.
- Ability to handle cash to allow for "self-banking".
- Ability to communicate professionally and precisely with supervisors, co-workers and guests.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling and stooping
- Frequent use of computers and other technology, necessary to perform job functions, including handheld equipment, cash register and ability to process register transactions
- Frequently lift/move up to 40 lbs