Our mission is to slow down fashion and end over-consumption by creating garments free of compromise, allowing more people to live with fewer but better items. This is an opportunity to join an ambitious, dynamic and deeply caring team in the middle of our journey to fundamentally change the way we manufacture, market and consume garments today. Coming into one of the fastest growing apparel startups in Sweden, you'll be part of a core team that enjoys tremendous responsibility and impact on our journey - and the industry as a whole.
As our PR Specialist you’ll be one of our storytellers and media relations managers, helping to raise awareness of ASKET and our mission to an international audience. You are a doer, can maintain a forward momentum and are genuinely interested in purpose driven communications that will help change the apparel industry for the better.
You have 2 – 3 years’ work experience in public relations or communications, either in-house or at an agency, or have been working in marketing roles but are keen to step into PR. As PR Specialist you’ll work on a wide range of tasks from managing the PR calendar, handling PR agencies and press requests, to writing press releases and managing press events, as well as owning media relations.
Reporting directly to the Head of Marketing and Communications, you’ll be joining an ambitious, dynamic, and deeply caring team in the midst of a challenging journey to fundamentally change the way the apparel industry operates. Coming into a fast-growing apparel brand, you'll be part of a core team that enjoys tremendous responsibility and impact on our journey.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate and manage the PR calendar and activations as well as lead on media outreach
- Press asset development such as press releases, invites, Q&As, biographies, backgrounders and briefing documents
- Schedule, promote and coordinate press events, conferences, photo-calls and press trips
- Write and distribute press releases as well as pitch stories to members of the press and affiliate media
- Build relationships with key media locally and internationally
- Assist in supporting a network of international PR agencies
- Ongoing media monitoring for relevant news hooks as well as research potential story angles
- Handle press enquiries from the press office inbox as well as coordinating sample shipments
- Monitor and report on PR results
- Manage and implement company social activities, including; culture nights, external speaker program and other internal activities
The ideal candidate:
- 2 – 3 years’ work experience in Public Relations or Marketing
- Hold a Bachelor or Master Degree (we welcome any degree and actively recruit from a range of educational backgrounds)
- Excellent English communication skills (both verbal and written), with an eye for detail
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills, with an ability to manage several projects at once
- Additional language, particularly Swedish or German is a plus
- Optimistic but humble with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to quickly pick up brand tone of voice
- Self-motivated and enjoys taking on responsibility
- Outgoing and creative, not afraid to share their opinion
- Able to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and ensure media receive timely responses
- Passionate about slow fashion