Production Gerber Grader / Sealer & Pattern Cutter
You will work across multiple product categories and seasons throughout the calendar year, developing, finalising, and checking patterns to go into bulk production.
You will work closely with designers, garment technologists and machinist. Communicating clearly and efficiently, ensuring all patterns have the desired finishing and specification requested.
Ability to work from spec sheet comments and follow through each action point to finalised patterns for grading and bulk production. Seal patterns in line with the approved amendments after seasonal production fittings.
You will need experience of working within a fast-paced environment, closely following the production critical paths, ensuring deadlines are met to transfer pattern to be graded for pre-production and manufacturer for bulk production.
Key areas of responsibility:
· Ensure all pattern measurements are taken accurately and updated in the spec sheet, including increments
· Ensuring all sealed patterns are produced and finalised to the required fit and measurement standards
· Consistency of sizing across all product categories is key
· Undertake necessary final pattern amendments before sealing the pattern to bulk production
· Liaise with our Production and QC Teams to resolve any pattern related production issues
- Creating seasonal Lay plans for costings using Gerber Marker Making
- Complete and approve grade charts for production
- Check and fix graded patterns before sending out to our manufactures
· Review our current grading manual and make necessary changes
· Manage the process of grading each season
· Work closely with our external grader to pass over key information relevant to each style and assist grader with support where needed
· Ensuring all patterns are graded in a timely manner for production to start
The Ideal Candidate
- Gerber trained with minimum 4 years’ experience in womenswear multi-product pattern making, ideally a RTW studio at luxury label
- Excellent understanding of fit and garment construction from a development and factory capability perspective
- Accustomed to working to tight deadlines and being able to multitask across changing priorities
- Flexibility required at peak times to manage workload
- A team player with great interpersonal skills
- Clear and concise communicator
- Experience of working within Microsoft Office programs, and Adobe creative suits
- Proficiency in grading knowledge and about grading increments