Creative Content Manager
As the Creative Content Manager for THE GREAT. you will be responsible for helping to set the vision for how the company will show up across every brand touchpoint and working across all creative disciplines to bring that vision to life as it relates to the brand pillars, mission, and product strategies. This position knows how to tell stories, on any platform, that drive authentic engagement.
You will act as a key player in facilitating all aspects of creativity while having a pulse on creative trends in marketing and culture and a creative sensibility that extends across content genres.
From ideation and conception, through to photoshoot production, and ultimately asset creation the ideal candidate will have strong experience in managing a team to bring visions to life. You excel at building strong cross-functional relationships in a fast-paced organization. You can lead a graphic design team and can jump in at different phases of the content creation life cycle such as design and layout if needed. You will strive to establish a consistent and relevant brand message while upholding the company’s brand voice and values.
This role reports directly to the Co-Founders and Senior Director of Design.
- Work closely with the Co-Founders and Senior Director of Design to build a compelling digital and social media strategy that aligns with product launch schedules.
- Ideate creative and social needs based on THE GREAT’s marketing calendar for the upcoming seasons. Working closely with the design and product teams to bring the season's vision to life.
- Oversee content creation and ensure on-brand storytelling and seamless execution are achieved.
- Work directly with our Social Media team to make sure everything forward-facing is a compelling story.
- Understand and monitor social media and company website metrics.
- Create strategies and suggestions on new ways to promote and reach consumers that will propel our business on all social platforms. Including but not limited to; Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, and emerging platforms.
- Responsible for the orchestration and execution of visual assets for the brand across all platforms. We will need assets for our social channels that bring together our product and vision along with mood boards, pulling swipe, and other imagery that makes for compelling storytelling.
- Approve, and at times contribute to, copy needed for daily social media/digital content to build meaningful connections with community members. Copy will include email content, subject lines, homepage messages, and other platforms.
- Generate ideas and activations that bring the brand's products to life through its various channels. Including but not limited to; gifting initiatives, in-store events, partnerships for the upcoming seasons.
- Assist in further generating current season strategies and initiatives through press lists, conceptualizing specific packaging and components for the season gifting.
- Focus on the creative and overall concept for our upcoming partnerships, product launches, and press events. Ensuring that there is a cohesiveness to anything customer-facing that remains authentic to the brand's voice and values.
- Manage department budgets.
- Help strategize and execute in-store launches, events, and activations at our retail locations.
- 5+ years of professional experience operating in a similar role within the fashion industry, managing content creation, social media, marketing, digital media, and/or communications.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and confidence in learning new programs
- Graphic design skills are a plus.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with good storytelling instincts.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- The ability to maintain a brand voice.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, patience, good judgment, and flexibility in their work.
- Insights on the latest digital trends and best practices.
- Must work well under pressure both autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Experience crafting, packaging, and scheduling messages for all major social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc), with digital analytics tools a plus.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary + benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401k and employer match.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Generous clothing discount.