Corporate Internship Program
- Long Island City, New York
- Closing date
- 26 Oct 2022
- Human Resources
- Full Time
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Bloomingdale's paid summer Corporate Internship Program will expose you to cross-functional departments as you experience all facets of driving a business in an Omnichannel environment. Our developmental curriculum, experiential learning structure, and executive panels provide the skills and confidence needed for you to learn what it takes to analyze business trends and develop strategies that directly impact sales and profitability.
Gain corporate retail experience in one of these areas of business: Buying, Planning, or Marketing.
- Develop the leadership skills and business acumen necessary to enter the business world
- Combine classroom instruction with your hands-on experiences to augment learning
- Leverage an experiential learning environment and gain immediate responsibility by working on departmental projects
- Increase your understanding of the importance of coordination between functional areas to deliver the best business results
- Collaborate with all levels of our executive teams to address challenges and implement strategies to positively impact our business and brand
- Gain key insight into potential career opportunities including our Executive Development Programs offered at Bloomingdale's
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Current College Juniors
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
- Organized approach to prioritizing projects and ability to multi-task
- Strong business acumen and value on professional business ethics
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner.
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required
Bloomingdale’s is America’s only nationwide, full-line, upscale department store and a division of Macy’s Inc. Currently we operate 37 department stores and an ever growing number of Bloomingdale’s The Outlet stores in 13 states as well as the always open and fashionable Bloomingdales.com. Bloomingdale’s also has an international presence in Dubai. We are currently looking for leaders who will help shape our future. At Bloomingdale’s, we seek talented creative people with a passion and entrepreneurial spirit who enjoy the fast paced, exciting world of retail. Having a strong interest in fashion as well as being a natural collaborator helps! In short, we want people with a desire to grow professionally as well as personally because at Bloomingdale’s we provide the tools for both. When you join the Bloomingdale’s family, you are now part of an organization deeply committed to giving back to the communities near and afar. Through strategic philanthropic marketing campaigns or local grass roots efforts, Bloomingdale’s is committed to making a difference. Although Bloomingdale’s is part of a Fortune 100 Corporation, we hold true to the family values of our founding brothers, Joseph and Lyman Bloomingdale. As large as we may become, we will remain intimate and operate Bloomingdale’s with the utmost integrity like a family run business. At Bloomingdale’s, we will always have passion for the business and compassion for each other. After all, we are like no other store in the world.
- (212) 705-2000
1000 3rd Ave
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert