Senior Knitwear Designer
Paris Georgia is seeking a Senior Knitwear Designer to join its team. This role will lead the design and development process of knitwear under the guidance of the Creative Director. The ideal candidate is a creative individual who has knitwear design experience in the luxury and/or contemporary market. Working remotely is acceptable as candidate will be dealing with the team via Zoom and email.
- Responsible for interpreting Creative direction into innovative and high-quality designs
- Lead seasonal concept research including research on vintage sourcing, garment construction, new stitch/finishing techniques, fabric treatments, and trims ideas
- Lead sourcing of yarns, swatch development
- Responsible for prototype development and fit comments
- Responsible for submitting production specs
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3-5 years of Experience in design for knitwear. Experience in the luxury and/or contemporary market is a plus.
- Highly creative with extensive knowledge of yarns, stitches, and knitting machines.
- Advanced knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, and/or other design software
- Proficient in demonstrated design in hand drawing, CAD, drape
- Strong time management and organizational skills to establish priorities and meet specific deadlines
- Ability to work remotely
- Availability/Flexibility over potential time differences with Paris Georgia HQ
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Availability to start in January 2022
To apply, send us your CV and examples of your work in any format ( portfolio, website links, photos).
Launched in 2015 by friends Paris Mitchell Temple and Georgia Cherrie, Paris Georgia is both a reflection of its founders and a reaction to the discerning women who form its community. Luxurious fabrics meet silhouettes that stand as an ode to the female form and favour subtle design over seasonal trends. This, combined with the brand’s focus on high-quality textiles and construction has seen Paris Georgia take on a timeless, transcendent quality. Paris Georgia produces womenswear that is inspired by the women who wear it. Women they admire, like their mothers, friends and collaborators. Women who value strength and culture, and who require these ideals within the brands they represent. At Paris Georgia they celebrate women and create to empower modern women of our time.