Fixed Assets and Lease Accountant
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Burberry plc, a global multi-billion-pound luxury fashion business, is seeking to hire a Property Lease Accountant within Burberry Business Services organisation based in Leeds, United Kingdom.
The role is in the Centre of Excellence Fixed Assets and Leases team and is responsible for supporting the Fixed assets Accountant and the Property Lease accountant for for the in-scope territories in accordance with the Group Policies, IFRS and local GAAP requirements.
It will drive the processes and have an in-depth understanding of all Fixed assets and leases, supporting the Record to Report team in month end delivery and working with Regional and Group finance on monthly and adhoc deliverables. This position requires the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of finance and non-finance colleagues.
• Support and analysis on Fixed asset processes, analysing spend and reporting to the wider team
• Support on Lease changes and reconciliations, ensuring that variances are understood and appropriate actions are done
• Weekly reporting on Fixed asset and leases cashflow, and working with PTP with preparation of ad-hoc rental payments
• Analysis of balance sheet reconciliations and review
• Preparation of monthly cashflow forecasts and reporting
• Submissions to group finance on IFRS 16 clearing accounts and explanations
• Assisting Lease accountant with Lease tracker preparation and deliverables
• Relaying information of any changes to RTR team and understanding movements and impacts of changes
• Responds to ad hoc queries, and analysis as required, prioritising work effectively to ensure that these queries are responded to on a timely basis
• Ensures operating effectiveness of internal controls
• Working with Purchase to Pay/Order to Cash and the wider Record to Report team to deal with queries and improve processes
• Role may require work on some weekend/public holidays during half year and year end periods.
• Ideally relevant accounting experience. Experience in application of IFRS/UK GAAP.
• Experience of BPC, an advantage. Accounting role within a large, listed, multinational company is a plus. Worked within a multicurrency environment; understanding the impact of movements in exchange rates on reported results is a plus.
• Experience working in an accounting team in a Shared Service environment is a plus.
• Has track record and appetite for delivering continuous improvement. Able to generate commitment to change amongst own team.
• Can provide evidence of working collaboratively with peers.
• Advanced Excel skills with experience of building and working with complex models and large data sets
• Part qualified/studying towards a professional or qualified is essential i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || FINANCE & OPERATIONS || FINANCE SHARED SERVICES || n/a ||