Knits Designer, Women's
5 days left
Is this job for you?
Do you have a passion for design execution across various brand initiatives including, campaigns, partnership assets, print collateral, experiential, retail and social? Faherty is seeking a qualified knits Designer who is strategic and focused on innovating the company’s brand position through a creative design lens.
What you’ll do:
- Manage creative and technical development of product within merchandise assortment strategy
- In partnership with the Chief Creative Officer, responsible for fabric and trim selection
- Coordinate sample production process to ensure that samples are produced and delivered on a timely basis
- Actively participate and conduct fittings
- Develop and counter source yarn/fabric and trim with production and suppliers
- Ensures that product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy
- Keen awareness of fashion market trends
- Consistently evaluate color mood direction and market/trend research
- Oversee the growth and development of the men’s & women’s design team members
Must have qualifications include:
- Degree in Fashion Design or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years knits design experience in womenswear
- Exceptional people management skills with proven success
- Ability to hand sketch
- Strong attention to detail and tech packing
- Strong design and conceptual skills
- Strong sense of style and color
- Thorough knowledge of silhouettes, fabrication, color use, sewing techniques, graphics and trim
- Understanding of merchandising as it relates to sales and store environment
- Advanced computer knowledge including Adobe Suite and Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work well with multiple team members and manage multiple tasks
- Goal oriented and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
A bit about us:
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we’re dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we’re committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place