Shimmy Technologies is an industrial ed-tech company with a mission to upskill and reskill manufacturing workers to stay relevant and gain equal access to decent work on the path to Industry 4.0. Our award-winning app-based trainings use games to build digital literacy and machine skills.
We’re a diverse team of big-hearted doers, thinkers, and makers working in global teams centered around accountability, reciprocity, beauty, joy, and impact.
The role of Product Manager at Shimmy is an opportunity to put your creative mind, drive, and passion towards making sure the future of work is equitable and fun. You’ll be taking ownership of a legacy product and evolving it so it can scale through the supply chains of some of the largest brands in the world.
A Typical Day:
- Meeting with Shimmy’s training team to understand product performance in the field and dream up new feature sets.
- Managing and mentoring Shimmy’s QA Analyst and developing a support team as we scale.
- Ensuring our existing products are ready to fulfill customer engagements.
- Working with UX, Development, and Sales on new product requirements and managing progress on new versions and updates.
- Presenting our products to brands, factories, large global organizations (like the United Nations), partner organizations, sustainability practitioners, and the media.
- Conducting design sprints with participants around the world to help unlock new opportunities and feature sets.
- Accountable, honest, respectful of boundaries, and a clear communicator.
- Known for getting things done with tenacity, creativity, and grace.
- Excited by the opportunity to help take a small, fast-growing organization to a position of impact and leadership.
- Motivated by doing work that matters.
- Demonstrated strong analytical abilities, critical thinking, and product sense.
- Ability to think strategically and craft a compelling product vision and strategy.
- An insatiable need for user feedback to inform future product roadmaps and drive A/B tests and lightweight experiments to help validate assumptions.
- Experience regularly presenting to leadership teams and large groups of stakeholders to share product development updates and new opportunities.
- Comfort operating at a strategic level while also managing the details.
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner for mobile and tablet-based applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A BS/BA degree.
- SQL experience.
- Excellent follow-through.
Bonus points for:
- Experience working with global, distributed teams
- Experience with cloud, SaaS, ML, ed tech, gaming, mixed reality, or mobile
This position is a full-time contract to transition to employment with benefits after a few months. Remote and/or in-person in our inspiring office at New Lab in the Brooklyn Navy Yard. Additional perks include: Flexible schedules, Summer Fridays, professional development (even for contractors), and generous time off for FTE.
Equal opportunity is at the core of Shimmy and our hiring practices are no different. We encourage anyone to apply who is excited by a culture where accountability, reciprocity, beauty, joy, and impact guide the way we work and treat each other.
Interested? Send up to 300 words about you and why Shimmy is exciting to you along with your CV or resume to: email@example.com .