Position Title: Assistant Manager/Manager, Social Communications / Brand Marketing
Reports to: Senior Manager, Brand Marketing, Communications & Social, Coach Japan
Coach is a leading design house of modern luxury accessories and lifestyle collections, with a long-standing reputation built on quality craftsmanship. Defined by a free-spirited, all-American attitude, the brand approaches design with a modern vision, reimagining luxury for today with an authenticity and innovation that is uniquely Coach. All over the world, the Coach name is synonymous with effortless New York style.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive.
Key functional areas:
Brand Marketing, Communications & Social
TO ENHANCE COACH's BRAND VALUE AND POSITIONING AND DRIVE BRAND RECOGNITION
- To support the Communications & Social Senior Manager and work with the Retail Marketing and Digital teams as well as the .com team to ensure effective and reliable new customer recruitment and conversion leads through celebrity/influencer marketing actions.
- Understand the essence of NY HQ's digital communications and be creative in making localized content that is relevant to the Japanese market.
- Influencer Marketing
- Strategize and be partner with all MKTG and Retail team to support product launch and brand's big moment.
- To create a community of Japanese Celebrities, Influencers and KOL for the brand, carefully curated and regularly activated.
- Gather intelligence on competitor's activities, related trends and upcoming talents.
- For all activities, develop in accordance with HQ's guidelines appropriate KPIs and reporting.
- Digital and Social Contents creation
- Enhance brand re-positioning in Japan and engage a new target audience thanks to the local actions on this channel.
- Develop and elevate the digital and social contents creation in locally aligning with the retail strategy.
- Press Relations
- Develop online and social media relationship with new partner.
- Continue developing and maintaining key media and industry relationships.
Support the financial planning of the seasonal and annual budgets.
Budget monitoring and PO and invoice submissions with Finance and AP team.
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in either brand, retail marketing, PR, or Communications.
- 3 years of Digital Communication experience is a plus.
- 3 years of Press Communication experience is a plus.
- Creative and analytical skills are a plus.
- Celebrities, Influencers, and KOL Communication experience is a plus.
- Must have strong communication skills with people inside and outside the company, with modest manners.
- Digital Native; particularly, WEB, e-com, and social media.
- Business level English especially on written basis is mandatory.
- Positive problem-solving attitude, collaborative spirit, and creative thinking are required.
- Open and flexible mindset.
- Excellent luxury sense and taste.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in theirteam; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. Visit Coach at www.coach.com.