As Pattern Cutter you will be working as part of the Technical Team on all collections and Lines under the company umbrella. You will work closely with Product Development, Sales/Merchandising, and Production teams to develope innovative womenswear designs across all categories for the Wardrobe Collection
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in luxury Womenswear Team is essential.
- Will be flexible and pro-active, and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to balance workload of multiple projects, and communicate across departments to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent understanding of the brand and customer, with experience in luxury design
- Eye for detail and diligent cross checking to make sure all pattern changes are implemented appropriately.
- Will be fluent in either Dutch or English
- Good communication skills and an interest in working with a dynamic team.
- A good understanding of the design process, and attention to deadlines and critical path.
- Working closely with Design team to draft patterns and pin mock ups on a stand
- Attendance of development, SMS and pre-production fitting
- Involvement in seeking resolutions to fit issues alongside technical team when required at SMS and PP fitting
- Amend patterns that are production friendly
- Costings using GERBER marker making module at send out stage
- Accurate measurement of pattern for send out and sealing
- Involvement of bespoke project – pattern creation to fitting with clients
- Support Pattern Cutting and Technical manager in pre-show fitting and communication with Technical team and Atelier.
- Working closely with production department to resolve any pattern queries during the production process
- Supporting creative pattern cutters during sample send outs within a development season with regards to repeat styles
- General pattern room organisation – ordering stationaries, organising toiles and preparing for development fittings
- Manual and Gerber pattern cutting, creation of accurate first patterns working from designer inspiration and sketches.
- Responsible for their allocated pattern, from first pattern taking this through from sampling to production sealing. Provide measurement charts for production
- Participating in all design/development/salesman sample fittings, being on hand to attend in production fittings as necessary
- Develop a checklist of Pattern Cutting rules to be followed by Atelier staff
- Degree level or similar
- 5+ years of experience as a pattern cutter
- 2+ years of experience of LECTRA´s latest version
- Good knowledge of pattern cutting, alteration and fit
- Experience of marker making and grading would be an advantage
- MS office skills
- Attention to detail and good sketch interpretation skills
- Good team player
- Good communication skills
- Organised, efficient and schedule focused
- Advanced level of Dutch and/or English