Our Milan-based lifestyle brand is seeking an experienced Collection Director to be the true captain of the business side of the product assortment, steering and strategizing the assortment across all RTW and accessory offerings.
This is a critical senior-level role, responsible for the full product ecosystem from a business point-of-view.
This individual will be responsible for all seasonal collections, capsules, new category launches, new territory launches, and products developed for collaborations. Planning, briefing, product development, and merchandising, through to partnering with Sales and Marketing on launch strategies and post-launch analysis, this individual is the anchor, lynch pin, and through line for all La DoubleJ collections.
Ideal candidates will bring merchandising expertise, proven leadership capabilities, and strong creative instincts to the team. The primary remit for this role is to ensure that all RTW and accessory assortments are both bold statements for the brand and strategically meaningful assortments from a commercial point-of-view, ensuring that business opportunities are captured and maximized. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of women’s categories, ideally with some luxury experience, and a passion for product in terms of the marketplace, trends, and also silhouettes/styles.
This individual will report to Founder/Creative Director and will be a co-captain and key partner to the Design Director, bringing business acumen to each collection, evolving, tightening, and strengthening the approach to merchandising, planning, calendars, follow through and strategy. Experience working within a fast-paced growth-oriented company on the international stage and an understanding of luxury lifestyle brands are musts.
What you'll do:
SYNOPSIS : Lead the product side of the business, cross-functionally, for the complete La DoubleJ RTW and accessory collections. From the merchandising and buying teams to product development and production, this person will harness all efforts and energies into strategically curated, creatively inspired, and appropriately priced offerings, and will also collaborate with sales and marketing to ensure there is alignment through the sales campaign, launch, and go-to-market processes.
• Develop an annual strategic merchandising plan including range plan and mix, margins, and price architecture that tie back to the financial goals of the company
• Perform deep dive analysis to understand drivers of the business
• Manage full collection roadmap with clear goals and timing
• Map out new categories, items, and materials and ensure that sourcing and production are on board and on schedule
• Coordinate design calendars with production calendars and manage these calendars across the team
• Research and market analysis to generate new ideas, identify product opportunities, and inspire the design team
• Guide seasonal competitive analysis
• Establish cadence of collection kick-offs and all design reviews
• Create and lead all seasonal product briefings for all fashion categories
• Responsible for maintaining assortment sheets, line sheets, style master creation, and historical and carry-over style tracking for archival and analysis purposes
• Communicate changes in styles, deliveries, quantities, and other merchandise operations to appropriate members of the cross-functional team on a timely basis
• Lead all training sessions to brief the cross-functional teams on each collection
• Oversee visual merchandising in the LDJ retail stores and pop-ups
• Partner with the Brand Marketing and Content team to identify opportunities and updates to content, styling, ecomm merchandising, retail merchandising and VM to support overall RTW and accessory strategies
What we're looking for:
• 8+ years of experience in merchandising and buying
• Strong analytical skills balanced with creative and product ideation prowess
• Strong product development experience a must
• Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment
• Ability to lead complex and overlapping calendars
• Detail oriented and highly organized
• Strong verbal and written presentation skills, concise and direct
• Degree level education
• Computer literate
• Italian language fluency
• English language proficiency
• Calm under pressure
TO APPLY CONTACT : Luca Voarino, Managing Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)