Project Manager, Store Design
Lafayette 148 is looking for a Project Manager, Store Design. As part of this dynamic team, the Project Manager, Store Design, will leverage their skill to develop exceptional quality DD (Design Development) drawings, renderings, and photoshops to hand-off and manage the drawing phase of the project with our local architects. With the Director of SDP, you will manage/drive all phases of the design process, such as hard-lining initial layouts, schematic design, design development, and managing our external architects/consultants. To keep the processes efficient, you will create, manage, and maintain a design/concept toolkit and establish our prototypical drawing set incorporating all lessons learned.
The ideal candidate will have luxury retail architecture/design experience with a keen eye for detail. You will be part of the team ensuring projects are implemented on time, within budget, and of the highest quality.
- The Project Manager, Store Design, is responsible for managing/coordinating tasks and communication involved with producing DD packages in AutoCAD, renderings, and Photoshop packages for use by our internal teams and external architects.
- Review of design/construction criteria and related lease exhibits to ensure the DD drawings are following the requirements, meet essential ADA compliance, and details are well noted for the external architects
- Review project survey to communicate/propose solutions as required.
- Plan-check review of architectural drawings to ensure compliance with L148 criteria, lease exhibits, and Landlord's design/construction criteria.
- Creates, manages, and maintains a design standards toolkit
- Manages design/architectural activities related to renovations and new boutiques/outlets
- Work closely with the team to create, develop, and manage prototype store documents, criteria, and design toolkits.
- Responsible for tracking the project and maintaining project files,
- In partnership with the team, the candidate will be required to review, approve, and manage shop drawings.
- Assist in preparing OFI take-offs (Owner Furnished Item) with procurement and sourcing new vendors
- Assist in creating new processes to improve speed/execution of projects.
- As needed, participate in site meetings with the architect and general contractor during the construction phase of a project.
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, and 3-D rendering (Sketchup or equal).
- Experience in Smartsheets (tracking) a plus
- Must possess a full understanding of retail store design and construction for a luxury brand.
- Proven ability to create, produce, manage, and maintain design criteria manuals and toolkits.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural drawings, technical documents, MEP drawings, lighting design, and millwork drawings with strong attention to detail
- The successful candidate will have a well-balanced background in architecture and store design.
- Desire to learn new tools/technologies and drive for continuous improvement
- You are organized, logical, have a proactive work ethic, excellent time management, and work well under pressure with tight deadlines. You collaborate effectively and work well within a team environment or independently. You are very systematic and understand all the responsibilities/accountabilities of the job.
- Travel 10-20% of the time for store buildouts and openings.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or significant architecture/retail store design experience
- 8+ years' experience in luxury store design/retail architecture.