Account Executive-Footwear and Handbags
The Account Executive for Handbags & Footwear manages wholesale major department store accounts and individual boutique stores through a combination of showroom sales, financial analysis, product knowledge and communication with buying and planning teams. This position will have oversight to our Handbag, Footwear & Soft accessories business. The position requires teamwork and relationship building both internally and externally.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts for each major department store and any other accounts managed.
- Analyze business by style and by door for each account.
- Determine strategies to maximize sales growth and reduce inventory liability.
- Work directly with the buying and planning teams for each account to review seasonal sales and receipt plans, as well as profitability by month to maintain a healthy business-Manage account OTB
- Work with accounts in the showroom, present the collection, help build assortments that best represent the brand and the customer who shops the store.
- Support branded footprint- Maintain our brick & Mortar shop in shops with curated assortments based on locations & customer profile.
- Travel to local markets to support merchandising, product knowledge & gain customer insight.
- Monitor order entry and track shipping for each account.
- Represent the core values of our brand and communicate our goals and initiatives effectively both internally and externally.
- Partner with internal departments, i.e. wholesale, production, retail and PR to establish strong working relationships and effective communication.
- Regular market visits to maintain brand awareness and gather competitive intelligence.
Education & Prior Experience Needed
- Completed university or college degree
- 5+ years of wholesale experience in the fashion industry
- Experience working with Footwear, handbags & Accessories in a wholesale environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills- detail oriented & self-motivated
- Solid understanding of retail math including mark-up, sell-through, OTB and gross margin
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel functions and formulas- V-lookup and Pivot tables as well as creating daily recap reports.
Established in 2010, the Jonathan Simkhai brand provides luxury ready-to-wear for the modern woman. The core aesthetic philosophy plays with the tension of feminine strength and sensuality; this is reflected in the employment of customized fabrics, romantic detailing, linear lines, and contoured silhouettes. Through designs that seek to embolden women with confidence and ease, the brand represents modern versatility. As a 2015 winner of the prestigious CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund, Jonathan Simkhai continues to redefine the 21st century wardrobe and reinvigorate American fashion.