Technical Admin Assistant
Type of position: Technical Admin Assistant
Company: Self Portrait
Areas of fashion: Fashion Design & Production
Location: Old Street, London
Hours: Full time
At Self-Portrait we are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Technical Admin Assistant to join the Technical team
As Technical Admin Assistant at self-portrait you will work directly with the Garment Tech and Assistant Garment Techs across all stages of the fitting process.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to learn, take part in all aspects of the fitting process, and a passion for your work are key. There is a lot of invaluable experience to be learnt as part of our small team, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Entry level - 1 years experience within technical or product development
- BA or equivalent qualification in a fashion related subject
- Experience of attending fittings and recording fit comments.
- Basic understanding of pattern cutting, good knowledge of fabrics, technical components and sewing techniques.
- Experienced in working in a fast-paced environment, ensuring post show critical path is honoured.
- Experience of dealing with offshore suppliers.
- An understanding of complex garment construction, print and embellishment.
- Tenacious, assertive and determined attitude with excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient and confident user of Adobe suite including photoshop & InDesign
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Good negotiation, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Dedicated, hardworking and committed person willing to invest long term.
- Support the commercial evaluation of garment fittings, attending weekly fit sessions supporting the tech team to work towards a full understanding of creative, customer and business requirements
- To liaise with suppliers to ensure the relevant technical paperwork is submitted prior to the weekly fit session
- General housekeeping of the technical department, i.e., filing test reports. Work to understand the commercial and technical evaluation of test/mill reports.
- Create and maintaining the production critical path
- Organise fit sessions i.e., creating fit list and ensuring all samples arrive on time
- Accurately measuring samples as soon as they arrive prior to the fit session
- Supporting the technical team on preparing workbooks after fit session prior to sending to manufactures
- To support the tech team on day-to-day functions
- Time management of assigned tasks and ability to prioritise
- To be commercially aware of competitors and key trends
- Seasonal market research in fit, sizing and finishing
- To prioritize own workload in line with meetings schedule and critical path