Senior Buyer (Womenswear)
Are you a leader looking for an exciting & rewarding opportunity to bring in the New Year? Are you an established Buyer looking for your next step? Do you have a strong business mindset and thrive in a fast-paced environment?
If so, this could be the role for you. We are now looking for a Senior Buyer to join our Womenswear Team. This role will report into the Head of Womenswear and is offered on a Full Time, Permanent contract.
COS is a fashion brand for women and men who want timeless, modern, functional and considered design. Offering reinvented classics and wardrobe essentials, we create pieces that are made to last beyond the season. Since launching in 2007 we have opened stores in over 40 countries worldwide, all in carefully considered locations, applying a design concept that preserves the buildings’ original features whilst creating a modern, contemporary space.
As a Senior Buyer you are responsible for maximising the departments sales and profitability. Leading your team, you will have a clear vision of your department, understanding the COS aesthetics and customer. You will drive the best strategy and purchase for the customer considering time, price, quality and quantity.
What you will do:
- Set visions and targets for your department whilst working towards goals set by the Head of Womenswear
- You will review and question visual goals for the season
- Accurately analyse targets, update and follow up with relevant parties
- Have a great understanding and knowledge of product development and purchase flow
- Collaborate with the Head of Department to set strategies and targets
- Responsible for planning, developing and building the assortment together with the Designer ensuring we offer products for all customers profiles
- Collaborate within buying, design, pattern and production teams, working towards an efficient information and workflow process and contribute towards long and short-term goals
- You will be responsible for driving the department’s customer focus across Buying, Design and Pattern
- You are able to accurately analyse and react to sales receipts ensuring all trade actions are taken swiftly and to constantly follow-up and evaluate the department performance adjusting strategy to drive growth
- Ensure that the best assortment is offered ahead of the competition and to ensure seasonality of product is correct to maximize sales in all markets
- Be constantly on the lookout for new trends and best basics for the customer
- Use your expert knowledge of textiles/yarns, fit and quality to ensure COS quality and design standards are met.
- Lead and co-operate with the design, pattern and production team to drive product development using relevant analysis and understanding of the COS aesthetics and customer
- Co-work with the Buying Controllers to align targets and budgets
- Guide, involve, inspire and develop Assistant and Junior Buyers, challenge them to act with confidence
- An established buyer with experience working across a range of womens categories including wovens, knitwear and jersey
- Previous experience in leading and developing a team
- Business orientated with strong analytical skills
- Solid understanding of COS aesthetics and the COS customer
- Extensive experience working with product development
- Strategic mindset with experience setting up short and long terms goals
- Excellent communication skills and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and meet strict deadlines
Why choose COS?
When you first join COS we will give you a full training plan and access to our E-Learning tool.
In addition to this you will also receive some fantastic benefits including;
- 25% staff discount on all H&M Group brands.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Private pension scheme
- Private healthcare
Over the last 10 years we have carefully built a culture where our people are supported, inspired and encouraged to be the best they can. Our brand is creative, forward thinking and modern; choosing longevity over passing trends.
We set the bar high at COS; we are committed to recruiting great people, offering an environment where talent is recognised and valued. We believe that a diverse workforce plays an important role in the success of COS. We celebrate individual differences and appreciate the contribution that all our colleagues make.