We are looking for a talented and ambitious Senior Writer to join the editorial team at hush.
A creative thinker, with experience across a range of editorial and content styles, you will work as part of our close-knit editorial team, reporting into the Editor and assisting them with the day-to-day management of the team. This role is hugely varied, and relationship building is key. You will be writing creative copy and commissioning freelance talent for our in-house digital and print magazines, as well as working closely with a variety of teams across the business – from social media and digital marketing, to buying and design – to produce commercial copy that is on brand and brings the hush story to life.
An interest in women’s fashion is a pre-requisite, but just as important is a continued fascination with the world we live in, and a passion for celebrating the people and stories around us. Previous experience of working in-house for a retail brand is preferable, but not essential. A proactive attitude and loads of creative ambition are…
- Assisting the Editor in the creation and communication of the hush tone of voice guidelines.
- Acting as a tone of voice guardian across all channels and as a point of contact for any copy queries.
- Leading on the curation of written content across all channels.
- Support the Editor with planning and execution of the day-to-day editorial strategy, including brand storytelling across all channels.
- Assisting in the creation of schedules for all editorial features and agreeing critical paths for delivery.
- Managing and updating all calendars and briefing systems, being reactive when key dates change
- Work closely with the CRM team to execute the email strategy and assist with the day-to-day email concepting and approvals process.
- Liaising with the creative team to collate and format all content for sign-off by the senior leadership team.
- Supporting and mentoring the Writer and any freelance support, ensuring they adhere to the hush tone of voice and copy guidelines.
- Lead on the creation of all product descriptions, liaising with the design team to ensure the copy is as detailed and accurate as possible.
- Proofing and sub-editing copy across channels, ensuring accuracy, consistency, and house style.
- Creating and managing a network of freelance contributors and commissioning them to write features for us across all topics.
- Supporting the Editor with management of the editorial commissioning budget and negotiating freelance rates.
- Working closely with the SEO Manager to write and analyse all SEO copy, whilst ensuring that all editorial content is tagged appropriately, as well as implementing a keyword strategy.
- Working closely with the editorial and wider marketing team to generate new ideas, and writing engaging copy across a variety of channels, including site, social, digital marketing, and print.
- Researching and writing feature copy for the digital and print magazines.
- Sourcing imagery and briefing the creative team on the design of editorial features.
- Uploading selected editorial features, merchandising pages, and maintaining the digital magazine’s visual identity across the site.
- Writing copy across various content pages on the website, including homepage, category headlines, SEO features and landing pages.
- Writing and proof-reading ad hoc printed collateral, when required.
- Report on the performance of the editorial team’s output to ensure we are delivering on our agreed objectives; continuously optimising and improving the content we create.
- Researching competitor behaviour and report findings back to the wider team.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with PRs and industry experts across fashion, lifestyle and culture, and represent hush at external meetings and events, when required.
- Briefing, writing and editing the internal hush newsletter
You will need
-Exceptional writing ability.
-4 years or more experience as a brand copywriter or journalist, ideally in the fashion industry.
-An ability to craft unique long and short form copy to briefs.
-A strong sense of the hush tone of voice.
-Excellent time management and organisational skills, able to prioritise and work effectively to hit deadlines.
-Experience in CMS, HMTL or website content management preferable, but not essential.
-Understanding of SEO best practice.
-A creative eye and attention to detail.
-A motivated self-starter who can work autonomously.
In return, we will offer you a competitive salary, generous staff discounts of 55%, end-of-week drinks, free fruit days, birthday celebrations, sample sales as well as the opportunity to develop a career in a fast-paced but fun environment!
Hush operates a ‘hybrid’ working model – with 3 days per week in our spacious, brand new offices in Clapham Old Town.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications are encouraged from individuals regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.