Product Development/Technical Design Associate
Jonathan Simkhai is seeking a product development/technical designer to take on a designated portion of responsibility in partner with production and design teams. The ideal candidate would have experience in both fields of product development and technical design.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead development with sampling and manufacturing partners each season across multiple product categories.
- Responsible to create and update style information in the system.
- Create development tech-pack; Maintain updates on tech-pack including construction, BOM’s, and spec through the development process.
- Work closely with design team to ensure the brand integrity and design vision is well executed for sample collection.
- Manage sample packages, including sample yardage, sew guide samples, and trims for proto as well as coordinating material deliveries for SMS.
- Communicate and update WIP status with each vendor to ensure timely delivery on sample collection.
- Schedule fitting, conduct in fit sessions for samples, and relay revision to vendors.
- Work with factories in sourcing seasonal trims and fabric qualities needed in collection development.
- Place sample order and prepare sample collection for market.
- Support line building on product knowledge and asset creation.
- Liaise with Production team to ensure all information is handed off accurately.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working with both domestic and overseas vendors
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and team player
- Strong time management and organizational skills to establish priorities and meet specific deadlines.
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a global, multi-cultural environment
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of urgency
- Knowledge in garment construction/engineering
- Experience in Runway Collection would be a plus
Established in 2010, the Jonathan Simkhai brand provides luxury ready-to-wear for today’s woman. The core aesthetic philosophy plays with the tension of feminine strength and sensuality; this is reflected in the employment of customized fabrics, romantic detailing, linear lines, and contoured silhouettes. Through designs that seek to embolden women with confidence and ease, the brand represents modern versatility.