Summary and purpose of role:
Based at the head office, the HR Advisor is required to support the Senior HR Business Partner in providing a fully generalist HR service to a population of approximately 189 employees based in the UK and Ireland across the corporate and retail functions.
This role will be required to support the HR Business partner with implementing and driving a culture of employee engagement and high performance through best practice and an innovative approach whilst ensuring we remain compliant with all aspects of employment legislation.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
Includes but is not limited to:
- Work with the Senior HR Business Partner and Payroll and HRIS Manager to review and enhance processes and procedures that can be managed by the HRIS.
- Support with managing the HRIS software (Cascade) to ensure data integrity.
- Support with rolling out relevant training on how to navigate the system along with support guides.
- Drive employee ownership of data, work to ensure that all employees are aware of the benefits and significance of the HRIS.
- Manage capability, disciplinary and grievances processes in line with company policy.
- Establish and promote best practice employee relations actions working to resolve ER cases quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a commercial approach.
- Support with effective succession planning for all key positions and a clear talent pipeline throughout the organisation.
- Provide training to Managers on conducting the performance and development reviews so that they are able to provide constructive feedback and to develop clear career plans with measurable KPI’s for their teams.
- Produce applicable documentation for relevant parties quickly and accurately.
- Support in delivering a welcoming and informative onboarding experience for all new employees involving all areas of the organisation. Liaise with Line Managers to tailor each new starter induction appropriately.
- Work to continuously develop and enhance the onboarding experience.
- Undertake 6 week check-ins for all new joiners working to record key actions.
Reporting and compliance:
- Take full ownership of all trackers and email inboxes (HR, HRIS, D&I, Gratitude and J Social) working to ensure that they are accurate and aim to respond to all queries within 48 hours to deliver a seamless HR administration service.
- Support with internal audits; right to work, referencing, personnel folders etc.
- Ensure accuracy of employee data to analyse effectively and produce reports.
- Support with JSOX reporting requirements throughout the year.
- Monitor employee turnover figures for all areas of the organisation.
- Produce the first draft of the HR Monthly report for the Senior HR Business Partner to review.
- Collect, review and submit accurate payroll information in line with internal and external deadlines to ensure the smooth running of the function.
- Complete a first check of the payroll submission, working with the Payroll and HRIS Manager to action any amends prior to processing.
- Understand the business functions and needs of each department to recruit and develop the right talent.
- Support with managing recruitment platforms such as; LinkedIn, BoF, Fashion Jobs, Retail Choice and Fashion United to attract top talent.
- Undertake CV screening, telephone screening, interviewing, interview project building to assess candidate suitability.
- Ensure compliance with immigration and right to work document checking processes.
- Support with developing content for the recruitment platforms to drive the employer brand.
- Maintain key recruitment KPI’s i.e. time to hire, cost per hire etc.
- Preparation of offer letters and employment contracts within a 48 hour timeframe.
- Ensure all HR files, are accurate, up to date and well organised.
Employee Engagement and Employer Branding
- Support with the development of the J Social Committee, work to ensure that events are consistently delivered and that they are on brand and within budget.
- Take ownership of scheduling monthly office massages and lunches.
- Take ownership of the quarterly health and wellbeing newsletter working with the HR Manager France to define relevant content for the entire business.
- Support the HRD and Senior HR Business partner with employer branding projects and build JOSEPH’s profile as an employer of choice. Work to identify key initiatives and to drive action.
- Support with the implementation of the employee feedback survey. Work with the Senior HR Business Partner to analyse results and to drive action.
Learning and Development
- Identify training and development needs and solutions ensuring we develop our employees effectively.
- Create training materials and provide coaching for Line Managers to provide them with relevant information and guidance on people management and employment legislation.
- Maintain an online learning library providing resources to all employees.
- Maintain records of all training provided to our employees.
Key skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Previous experience of working at a Senior HR Coordinator or HR Advisor level within a luxury or premium retail environment is essential.
- Demonstrable use of initiative, able to be proactive with solutions to deliver results autonomously as well as within a team.
- Demonstrable ER knowledge, confident in managing ER cases from start to finish.
- Experience of working with Cascade would be desirable.
- Excellent talent acquisition and recruitment knowledge; able to effectively use LinkedIn, BoF etc. to identify top talent.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills – advanced user of Excel.
- Results driven, resilient and able to execute multiple projects effectively.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – ability to work with a diverse workforce based in various locations.
- Effective presentation skills.
- Excellent understanding of confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to train and coach employees on all aspects of people management, particularly providing feedback and HR best practice.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, able to manage multi projects alongside BAU.
- Demonstrable use of initiative, able to identify solutions.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Collaborative, able to build and maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Passionate about HR and fashion, always seeking to drive innovation within the HR function
Joseph Company values
We are driven by our ambitious expectations — good enough isn’t good enough. We understand that in order to compete and win in this category we must put our best foot forward, each and every time.
How we treat our staff, make our product and the role we play in the industry and the world is underpinned by an unwavering integrity. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing. We never cut corners or sacrifice on our quality or our principles.
Attention to detail
Thought, care and a great attention to detail goes into everything we do. It’s the only way we will consistently delight our customers.
Born from the mind and spirit of a pioneer, we are curious, entrepreneurial and always looking for new ways to push our brand, our business and our customer experience forward.
At JOSEPH, we are committed to achieving a culture of diversity, inclusivity and gender balance. We value talent, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sex or any other factor.
By applying via this platform for this position you agree to JOSEPH retaining your application and any other documentation as submitted by you in accordance with your application until such time that our recruitment and on boarding process is complete. In connection with your application, we must process your personal data, although this will be used for recruitment purposes only. Please refer to our Applicant Privacy Notice located on the JOSEPH Website for further details.