The Assistant Manager is an integral part of the store management team and is required to support the Store Manager with the daily operations of the store.
As an Assistant Manager, you will lead, support, coach, challenge and empower the team to achieve the Company’s objectives through example setting, excellent customer service and effective merchandise presentation.
In partnership with the Store Manager, you will seek to identify and drive commercial opportunities while maintaining effective store operations.
You will work to embody the Company’s Values and objectives to ensure a seamless shopping experience for the client.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
This will include but is not limited to:
Commerciality and Sales Generation
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, own, develop and drive sales in store to exceed sales expectations set by the Company.
- Own personal sales techniques and assist in the development of associates’ sales techniques to maximise sales.
- Responsible for developing strong clienteling initiatives that drive sales.
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, manage budgets set by the Retail Area Manager and communicate these as appropriate to the team.
- In partnership with the Store Manager provide commercial suggestions and solutions to address underperformance in sales using innovative ideas and initiative.
- Provide customer feedback in a clear and succinct manner to relevant parties along with potential solutions to address customer feedback.
- Undertake competitor analysis when required to drive and enhance offerings.
- Drive understanding of commercial objectives amongst team to ensure that performance is driven.
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, effectively manage the store rotas working to ensure that employees are scheduled to maximise profitability and to avoid any additional costs such as temporary staff support.
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, identify and drive key performers whilst coaching and mentoring the wider team and consistently upskilling and training team members to best meet commercial objectives.
- Lead by example and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the brand, Company operating and manufacturing processes, product and customer – driving passion to increase motivation.
- Propel an elevated level of sales and service within your store, delivering appropriate feedback and accountability within your team.
- Act as an escalation point for any customer concerns and/or queries quickly and effectively.
- Embody a luxury service and the Company brand values at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring that the standards as set out in the Model Store Framework are adhered to.
- To own and deliver stock take.
- Work with relevant colleagues at HQ to ensure that health and safety is maintained in store.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures at all times, up-skill employees where required.
- Through effective stock management and partnering with the stock control team, ensure that the businesses expectations of shrinkage are met.
- Demonstrate excellent store administration and organisational skills.
- Secure Company assets at all times, drive enhancements to processes if risks are defined.
- Ensure housekeeping, repairs and safety is maintained.
- Foster a supportive environment that promotes positive mental health.
Key Skills, Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Extensive experience of working in a similar role within a premium or luxury retail brand.
- Experience of delivering strong clienteling initiatives within a luxury retail or premium retail environment.
- Experience of partnering with corporate stakeholders such as Buying and Merchandising, Communications, HR and Finance.
- Experience of contributing to store strategies in partnership with Store Management. Able to demonstrate a good understanding of competitors and consumer purchasing habits.
- Sales driven, proven experience of meeting or exceeding commercial targets.
- Knowledge of POS and store systems. Demonstrable ability to navigate computer/handheld systems with sound computer and keyboard skills.
- Excellent commercial knowledge, solid understanding of a retail environment and the key drivers associated including consumer behaviors.
- Experience of building strong relationships, driving collaboration within teams and effective communication.
- Experience of deputising and maintaining clear communication channels and managing expectations.
- Understanding of policies and procedures and driving adherence to these in partnership with the Store Manager.
- Demonstrable operational skills, able to maintain store operations adhering to Company guidelines and legislative demands.
- Excellent use of initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to frequent change and a high-pressured selling environment.
- Self-motivated team player, supportive of management and able to motivate and inspire others.
- Resilient with demonstrable experience of displaying positivity and driving innovation.
- Able to confidently make and suggest solutions, driving change where appropriate.
- Experience of delivering store training.
- Excellent communication skills, able to use various platforms to ensure that expectations are communicated and managed.
- Excellent coaching and managerial skills, able to motivate, engage, develop and retain employees.
- Consistently show a positive attitude and take responsibility for own actions.
- Excellent time keeping and reliable attendance.
- Excellent attention to detail.
Joseph Company values
We are driven by our ambitious expectations — good enough isn’t good enough. We understand that in order to compete and win in this category we must put our best foot forward, each and every time.
How we treat our staff, make our product and the role we play in the industry and the world is underpinned by an unwavering integrity. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing. We never cut corners or sacrifice on our quality or our principles.
Attention to detail
Thought, care and a great attention to detail goes into everything we do. It’s the only way we will consistently delight our customers.
Born from the mind and spirit of a pioneer, we are curious, entrepreneurial and always looking for new ways to push our brand, our business and our customer experience forward.
At JOSEPH, we are committed to achieving a culture of diversity, inclusivity and gender balance. We value talent, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sex or any other factor.
By applying via this platform for this position you agree to JOSEPH retaining your application and any other documentation as submitted by you in accordance with your application until such time that our recruitment and on boarding process is complete. In connection with your application, we must process your personal data, although this will be used for recruitment purposes only. Please refer to our Applicant Privacy Notice located on the JOSEPH Website for further details.