Lifestyle Senior Account Director, Entertainment and Culture PR
PURPLE is looking for a Sr. Account Director to lead the day-to-day operation of a new marquis client within the Lifestyle Division in the US. The right person will have a passion for and experience working within media/entertainment/culture and leading a team. Must have experience strategizing and implementing integrated campaigns covering earned media, events, programming, VIP and influencers for multiple verticals under one brand. This individual will manage an extensive account team and will play a critical role in achieving success for the client by ensuring impactful creative strategies are conceived and results delivered. Strong media contacts and relationships with top-tier press, culturally relevant brands and visibility into influencers and content creators across industries are key.
The Senior Account Director will work closely with the VP of Special Projects and SVP of Lifestyle both based in NY however this position can be based out of PURPLE’s LA or NYC office. S/He will serve as a trusted strategist and expert voice for clients, as a mentor, manager, and lead example for all account teams on client management, results, staff development and strategic guidance.
- Evaluate and understand client business objectives and crafts strategies that reflect those business objectives.
- Manage multiple overlapping initiatives across the account by delegating and supervising team members, ensuring deadlines and deliverables are met and achieved
- Lead client programs and campaigns from planning to execution within the specified budget
- Partner with event/programming team to concept and execute buzzworthy and well-attended events and cultural moments
- Work with VIP team to execute talent and influencer relationships and agreements in support of the brand’s launches and tentpole moments
- Pull and collaborate with different divisions across the agency and office to ensure the client is getting access to the agency's network-wide expertise and potential collaborations with agency roster
- Manage client benchmarks and deliver strong results through leadership and guidance
- Manage and motivate other members of the team to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and while supporting them in their growth to the next level.
- Communicate account health, flagging any potential issues before they develop with a solutions-oriented approach
- Travel for in-person events, media moments and client meetings as they occur
Skills and qualities required:
- 6-8 years of entertainment/media/culture public relations experience at a PR agency or in house
- A track record of success overseeing big budget, integrated campaigns, and teams
- Familiarity with what and who are emerging or currently culturally relevant
- Ability to be very nimble and work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Articulates ideas and directives clearly and succinctly and is comfortable with public speaking and presentations and team management
- Superior high-level media contacts across broadcast, print and online media
- A “proactive” organized approach while empowering and mentoring a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem-resolution skills, including the ability to think creatively and outside the box.