Lifestyle PR Account Director – Culture/Design
Purple has a unique opportunity for a senior level publicist to join our global PR agency in the NY based Lifestyle division’s culture and design practice. This individual must have a proven track record of developing and executing strategic, integrated campaigns (including earned media, programming and activations, partnerships and influencers) and successfully managing and mentoring junior team members. Strong media contacts, creativity and a finger on the pulse of culture and relationships both locally and nationally are a must. Previous experience working with cultural institutions, creators, interior designers and related consumer products strongly preferred.
This individual will serve as a mentor, manager, and lead example for account teams on client management, results, staff development and strategic guidance. The candidate will also be involved in new business efforts.
- Evaluate and understand client business objectives and craft strategies that reflect those business objectives.
- Lead client programs and campaigns from planning to execution within the specified budget.
- Identify both traditional and out of the box concepts to connect clients with existing or new audiences.
- Pull and collaborate with different divisions across the agency and office to ensure the client is getting access to the agency's network-wide expertise.
- Manage client benchmarks and deliver strong media coverage through leadership and guidance.
- Consistently produce high quality internal and external communications content.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients offering sound counsel and guidance.
- Manage and motivate other members of the team to ensure day to day operations run smoothly and results are delivered, while supporting staff in their growth.
- Proactively seek out and propose new business ideas; play an active role in creating proposals and pitch meetings
Skills and qualities required:
- 6-7 years’ experience at a PR agency or in-house marketing/communications
- A track record of success within design/culture industries.
- Articulates ideas succinctly and is comfortable with public speaking and presentations.
- Exceptionally strong writing skills for both media, social media, and client communications
- A “proactive” attitude, team mentality, and the ability to keep up in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional problem-resolution skills, including the ability to think creatively and prioritize multiple assignments in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.