Creative Writer/ Storyteller
We are looking for a '' Creative Writer/ Storyteller '' to join our London Head Office team. The role is offered on a local full time, permanent contract.
This is a unique dual role, mixing creative writing and conceptual creative thinking, always having a community and brand story telling mindset.
The position will report to the Marketing Planning Director.
The role is part of Miista’s dedication to explore and explain The Opposite Thing throughout an informed dialogue in collaboration with our community and towards the expansion of our vision of creating a product that has personality in addition to aesthetic value while preserving an ethical European manufacturing practice.
Miista’s work environment is exciting but fast paced, and you will need to be a self-starter with strong initiative, ownership and accountability. If you have the skills, this is the most exciting time to join our Brand Marketing & Communications team.
- Shape, define, and improve the message that sets the tone for big brand moments, using concepting creative storytelling and impactful copy to evolve the way we connect with Miista’s customers.
- Through the understanding of the Miista brand and creative direction, you will be empowered to tell compelling stories across all our campaigns and touch points including print, video, social media, email, our Miista Journal and other digital channels.
- Working closely with the Editorial, Content and Art direction team, you will focus on building a deep understanding of the Miista brand and our creative direction, to conceptualise and execute campaigns and special projects.
- Work with the wider marketing team on development of ideas and delivering creative writing for campaigns in line with their briefs.
- Use a creative and strategic approach to craft inspirational storytelling and produce clear, impactful and engaging copy that brings to life Miista’s creative vision.
- Work dynamically to adapt your thinking across different channels and areas of the business-whether it be collection focuses, community and purpose lead storytelling or sustainability messaging.
- You will be as capable in copywriting as you are creative strategy and keen to expand your creative thinking.
- Assist with the creation of content for social media.
The Ideal Candidate Requirements
- A minimum of 2-3 years plus professional experience creative writing / storytelling.
- A background in advertising copywriting and creative concept development is a plus.
- Journalist writing experience is a plus.
- Be comfortable with sharing your work and being able to sell your ideas to your colleagues and senior leadership.
- We’re looking for a “people person” who values the strength of building lasting, meaningful relationships with clients and internal team members.
- Be highly collaborative, detail-oriented and a strong communicator, able to work cross-functionally with broader teams and other key internal stakeholders.
- You will have working knowledge, experience and preferably an existing network within the fashion/music/the art. community/stylist/celebrity/influencer market.
- A passion for storytelling and brand development, with a passion and focus on slow fashion and short supply chain.
- Passionate about driving stories across different social channels and IRL
- Excellent knowledge of media, the cultural landscape and societal dynamics, with a strong interest in the arts and creative community.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and full proficiency in English.
- You are agile and can work on multiple projects at once
You will be reporting directly to the Marketing Planning Director and based in our East London Head Office.
As we are interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, please send you application and CV as soon as possible.
Please kindly note that in order for us to consider your application, you will need to include a portfolio or examples of your work most suited to the MIISTA tone of voice.
Our Position: The Opposite Thing
Designed in London — Made in Spain — EU Sourced and Produced
Miista upends the exclusionary practices of the fashion industry to show how we’re actually living now. Over the last ten years we are proud to have built a brand that through craft, our community, the risks we’ve taken and a sometimes
bizarre willingness to laugh at ourselves, has made an elegant commitment to the alternative. A dedication to the opposite thing.
What does that mean? That we’re happy to sacrifice profit and to subvert problematic fashion trends for women to create a product that has personality in addition to aesthetic value. A product that knows women don’t really shop using the search words ‘pretty’ now. If we were your friend, Miista would be the odd one at school who grew up and got an attitude and a sense of confidence. You know when it’s a Miista.
Miista is an equal opportunities employer, we encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We recognize and celebrate the benefits that diversity brings to our workplace, our business and our customers. We welcome and will consider all applications regardless of race and nationality, religion, color, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.