(Senior) Creative Strategist
The Creative Strategist will work with the local market leads and their teams across our integrated service offering consisting of strategy; creative; talent; experiences; and communications for clients in the luxury fashion, beauty and lifestyle industries. This creative and strategic individual will be highly collaborative and and be required to build strong relationships across multiple departments to leverage all Karla Otto divisions.
The right candidate will be a strategic and creative thinker with a sharp visual eye who has strong copywriting skills and strong experience creating pitch decks. They will never be short on ideas and enjoy working collaboratively across various teams and functions. They will be skilled in creating impressive pitch decks in response to client briefs and RFPs and enjoy packaging and selling in their ideas, verbally and visually. With the relevant teams, they will also be required to implement and execute certain projects to a very high standard, delivering brilliant work that generates value for both our clients and the agency.
The successful candidate will be a well-rounded marketer who is both creative and analytical and has strong experience in social / digital. A social media native; understanding the latest viral TikTok challenge and trending themes on Instagram and Pinterest, to this month’s most searched YouTube tutorials. A strong passion for / knowledge of current digital trends is essential, as well as an interest in fashion, the wider cultural/social landscape and complementary verticals (i.e. music, art etc.) too as they will be tasked with creating concepts and branded content for various platforms to programming off-line spaces to drive buzz online.
- Win internal trust and build and develop long term relationships
- Impressively lead pitches, answering client RFP’s and winning new business
- Brilliant articulation of concepts in visual, written and verbal form
- Work with supporting team to ideate and concept ideas that execute a brand’s vision and will successfully deliver it to their target audiences and growth targets, including searching and screening for relevant influencers against brief guidelines and commercial targets and commissioning / negotiating terms for talent to execute branded content
- Lead brand appropriate strategies; including the targeting and positioning of brand(s), channel selection and syndication/ engagement tactics
- Deliver accurate budgets required for execution of proposed projects and manage expenditure against these accordingly
- Be able to adapt and drive working processes and workflows depending on the client, to ensure success
- Demonstrate value of programs and review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results and provide key future learnings to continually optimise CPM, impressions etc.
- Liaise closely with internal and external teams, proactively managing workflow and resolving issues, reacting to client and consumer feedback etc.
- Remain ahead of all news / developments in the Influencer Marketing space in order to advise clients on new opportunities and emerging strategies, as well as competitors and opportunities relevant to the digital and luxury space
- Strong attention to detail and numerical proficiency i.e. overseeing administrative tasks, i.e. invoicing, collaborating with the Karla Otto finance team etc.
- Support and mentor junior team members including helping on administrative tasks where needed
- Support Director, Senior Vice President and other senior team members, where required
- Oversee administrative tasks where required
- Further the development of Influencer Services for Karla Otto, collaborating with Lefty to integrate and optimise opportunities / success
- Focus on new business acquisition, with a large focus on creating pitch decks, pitching, developing scope of works etc.
- Development and day-to-day management of the supporting team
- Stay ahead of emerging trends, content styles, platform advances and share learnings
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, and social advertising campaigns
- Lead research around trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy
- Support implementation of the agency’s own mission statement
- Liaise closely with internal and teams, proactively managing workflow and resolving issues, reacting to client and consumer feedback etc.
- Support teams across the agency’s various international locations within a creative and copywriting capacity when needed
- Past agency / client experience is required
- Fluent in English (mother-tongue) - additional languages are advantageous
- Excellent copywriting, communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in both the creative and analytical side of marketing, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound
- Excellent working knowledge of social platforms, predominantly Instagram and TikTok as well as emerging platforms
- High level execution skills and meticulous attention to detail, both aesthetically and organisationally
- Natural planner and organiser
- Collaborative team player but with the ability to work autonomously to deliver to brief and on-time
- A positive, can-do attitude who can work under pressure and likes to solve problems
- A creative, innovative thinker with an open attitude and eagerness to learn new things
- A real team player who will excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work to stringent deadlines
- Leadership, coaching and management of junior team members
- Good listening and diplomacy skills
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Influencer Marketing monitoring / tracking tools
- Proficiency in InDesign, Keynote, PowerPoint
- Strong numerical proficiency, including the use of Excel