Purple are actively seeking a bright and enthusiastic Public Relations Account Executive to join its Lifestyle Division in the agency’s London office, working across our high-profile lifestyle clients to implement communications strategies. The Account Executive will play an essential role in supporting the development and execution of integrated communication campaigns for Hospitality & Lifestyle clients, generating maximum brand exposure through implementing communication strategies, including traditional and new media and brand partnerships.
The right candidate must have a genuine passion for managing ongoing communications on behalf of high-profile lifestyle clients and using initiative in order to achieve exceptional results. Must be comfortable engaging with media and clients, organized, driven, and creative. Strong written communication skills and an established understanding of public relations are essential.
- Facilitate the smooth running of the day-to-day function of each account team, providing support as requested and required by teams.
- Participate in brainstorms for creative ideas and publicity strategies to enhance PR campaigns, going beyond the role of the press office
- Maintain regular day-to-day contact and close relationships with key press
- Generate media placement in appropriate titles
- Assist with preparation and on-site at events
- Be a brand champion for your clients and build strong relationships with them
- Analyze coverage across online, offline, and blogs, and leverage added value from all PR activity
- Conduct research on both brands, products, and industry to support the development of client plans and new business proposals
- Track and clip all media coverage and send to clients
- Essential administrative support such as call agendas and recaps; monthly reports; media database updates
Skills and Experience
- 2 years proven experience, full-time, or internship at a mid-sized PR agency within a hospitality or lifestyle environment.
- Familiarity with the organization of press reports and press clips.
- Solid understanding of and ongoing interest in media relations and strategy.
- Effective communicator with an eagerness to grow and learn
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meeting tight deadlines. Excellent prioritizing and time management.
- Extremely well-organized, methodical, and efficient, with strong initiative.
- Strong writing skills.
- Computer skills including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Doc, Cision
- You are a team player who is hardworking and dedicated