We are the people of Sahara. We are unconstrained. Our adventurous spirit leads us beyond the High Street to destinations lesser known. For clothes that mean more. That add to the story of our lives. We are unique. Try and pin us down, it doesn’t work. Label us and it won’t stick. We believe that demographics divide, age is just a state of mind and body type is what each one of us sees in the mirror. We are leaders. Visionaries in our own right. Creative, passionate - and only ever underestimated once.
Sahara – a fiercely independent, family-run business designing clothes for the free-spirited woman. For the first time in over a decade, we are looking for an experienced Wholesale Sales Manager to nurture and develop our Wholesale Division.
- Nurture existing and obtain new accounts through your extensive industry contacts – both in the UK and overseas.
- Manage the wholesale sales diary and host sales appointments at Sahara’s central London Showroom and at Trade Shows across the UK and overseas where necessary.
- Visit existing and potential Sahara stockists, to increase sales and expand the Wholesale database with the assistance of the Wholesale Coordinator.
- Top up existing accounts with in-season stock where available.
- Liaise with the Marketing Team on required promotional activity to promote the Wholesale Department
- Book, organise & set up at trade shows
- Manage the London Showroom (including taking appointments, merchandising the collections etc)
- Product development: liaise with Design Team on current and future collections including seasonal feedback from stockists
- Liaise with the Buying Team to advise on product performance in each showing season.
- Alongside the accounts team, negotiate payment terms (where applicable) with key accounts (eg: department stores), new accounts and existing accounts.
- Oversee the Wholesale Coordinator in processing and negotiating in season sales and returns.
- Collate seasonal feedback from stockists to aid product development
- Assist with selection for photo shoots where required & advise on key looks as required
- Franchise/Concession/Partners/Shop in Shop – domestic and international
- Expansion of potential international trade shows
- Being continually aware of all sales and returns in season including the financial performance of wholesale accounts, trouble shoot where necessary.
- Being the first port of call for any issues regarding wholesale customer accounts.
- Overseeing that the Wholesale assistant accurately invoices & credits all accounts and troubleshoot where necessary
- Ensuring that the Wholesale Assistant/Accountants are aware of special terms/discounts agreed with customers.
- Liaise with production team on a regular basis to keep up to speed on critical path of due collections.
- Liaise regularly with Retail teams and Wholesale Assistant to monitor and ensure the company is not sitting on excess wholesale stock levels that could be sold in season.
- Hold regular meetings with Company Directors and stakeholders to report on Wholesale performance
- a competitive salary with bonus scheme
- a generous holiday allowance
- flexible remote working where possible based in a friendly office
- discretionary annual Company bonus
- access to exclusive perks and discounts via Perkbox
- a 50% staff discount
- Organic fruit, great coffee and Prosecco on Friday afternoons at Company HQ
Sahara is passionate about working with great people & building inspirational, creative teams. We know how important it is that our employees enjoy their work, so we do our best to ensure that’s the case. We work in light-filled, friendly offices with a relaxed atmosphere. We promote a friendly, non-corporate environment at our HQ; we are passionate and hard-working and enjoy socialising both in and out of the office.