Christopher Kane is the London label challenging fashion ideologies and notions of beauty since 2006. The ordinary is transformed into the extraordinary when collections that start with autobiographical inspirations are realised using innovative techniques.
Founded by brother and sister Christopher and Tammy Kane, the label launched following Christopher’s award-winning Central Saint Martin’s MA show.
Over a decade on, London Fashion Week shows such as Domestic Services, Sex in Nature and More Joy are unpredictable and provocative. Each season is diverse yet distinctly Christopher Kane with sensuality, creativity and wit ever present.
Winner of the Vogue Fashion Fund and 4 British Fashion Awards, including New Designer of the Year and later British Fashion Designer of the Year, the brand opened its London flagship store in 2015. Upending expectations of luxury with playful irreverence, the label is the benchmark for those who dress to please themselves.
Job Title: Wholesale Manager
Reporting to: CEO & Finance Director
The Wholesale Manager is responsible for effectively managing the wholesale accounts, agents and marketplace distribution, maximising growth, exceeding targets, and identifying new business opportunities. The role will focus on the execution of our Worldwide Wholesale Strategy, supporting the CEO & Finance Director with reporting and developing our wholesale business across Christopher Kane and More Joy.
- Responsible for ensuring the smooth running of your respective wholesale accounts to increase sell through performance and budgets
- End to end management of wholesale budgets and implementation of strategy with a view to exceeding them
- Compile product training and train seasonal staff for all collections
- Support in the execution of the sales campaign from showroom set up, staff management, scheduling of customer showroom appointments etc
- Responsible for the Sell during market to drive sales and actively manage customer orders to ensure that they meet deadlines, review all orders ensuring they are in line with agreed OTB plan and are correctly processed
- Manage the trade in season to exceed expectations though implementing stock swaps, pop-ups, VM, incentives, store events, personal shopping services, shop in shop staff etc
- Work with Wholesale Marketplace vendors such as Farfetch and agents to ensure orders processed, uploaded, co-ordinate samples movement etc
- Develop and nurture relationships with clients (including Boutiques) through constant communication to identify and develop proactive as well as reactive business plans
- Undertake frequent visits to stores, proposing innovative solutions to meet their needs and maximise sales
- Act as a Brand Guardian, coaching and educating clients to ensure guidelines are implemented to maximise commercial gains and respect the brand
- Responsible for preparing weekly reports, including, but not limited to, analysis of sales figures and forecasting future sales volumes, managing, and controlling data analysis, stock levels, best sellers, KPI’s, collating all Sell Through’s and VM reports
- Seasonal sales analysis (pre and post market) reporting to the CEO & Finance Director