Director of Garment Engineering and Construction
As the Director of Garment Engineering and Construction you will work closely with the Design, Product Development, Pattern, Fit and Production teams from prototype sampling through to production, to set and maintain the highest standards of functionality, quality fit, and construction. You will be responsible for ensuring that a standardized approach is used across all vendors with regard to sizing and construction, while leading the approval process for all PP and TOP samples.
Some of What You’ll Do:
- Utilize advanced technical knowledge, pattern-making skills and construction/engineering expertise to ensure the highest functionality and quality production in the industry.
- Work with design team to understand their creative vision and translate the design concepts into commercially viable products.
- Participate with the Pattern team in assuring consistency of fit across all product categories
- Lead the standardization of hoods, cuffs, pockets, collars, hem lines, silhouette lengths, etc.
- Ensure that pre-production samples are approved as per the Critical Path
- Provide vendors with technical solutions to ensure quality standards are followed and fully achieved by the cut date.
- Improve efficiency of construction, fit and sampling processes.
- Optimize the construction and engineering of all products with the goals of achieving excellence in the functionality of products and improving production process so it is more efficient for factories.
- Help to ensure the consistency of fits across all commodities.
Some of What You’ll Need:
- Minimum 10 years of patternmaking experience in outerwear
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in construction
- Understanding of critical path with the ability to build and create process and structure
- Premium/luxury experience
Some of Who You Are:
- Excellent leadership and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator who is able to interact with various people at all levels of the organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit