As a KOIBIRD Assistant Buyer you must be product focused, have a strong understanding of luxury brands & able to work in a fast paced environment.
Role and responsibilities:
- Support the Merchandise Director in the day to day buying tasks working very closely with the Junior Buyer.
- Proactively manage a high volume of brands & a wide range of responsibilities throughout the buying process.
- Researching & contacting new brands and products through various channels.
- Communicating with brands face to face, over the phone and by email to build client relationships
- Assist in the preparation of upcoming seasons & the online launch, working simultaneously on up to three seasons at a time.
- Gathering and putting together information and pictures for the brand book and product assortment for internal and external teams at the start of each season.
- Using the system upload template to collate all product information from brands onto the master sheet each season.
- Data entry and administrative tasks including inputting and collating product data, checking order confirmations and supporting the management of the OTB tracker.
- Assist with the weekly sales reports and analysis using excel on a regular basis and carrying out weekly competitor pricing checks.
- Managing the process of credit notes, refunds and replacement products of in-season swaps and faulty items.
- Managing all Koibird courier collections and deliveries within the buying team, being responsible for the DHL deliveries process e.g. booking collections, tracking deliveries and ensuring product arrives on time
- Be the go-to person and first point of contact for the department regarding any queries relating to stock, brand orders, and deliveries.
- Supporting with the sample management process for brand & photoshoot samples
- Assisting with Ecommerce and campaign photoshoots - compiling a list of products required for shoots, organising transport to and from shoots, steaming samples and assisting with the model and still life shoot teams.
- Organise and manage the constant flow of different season products in and out of the business with suppliers including samples, full deliveries, in season swaps & faulty/replacement products.
- Running errands were necessary and helping out in any other areas of the business that require support.
- Working to scheduled tight deadlines in a fast paced environment and able to adapt to last minute changes regularly.
- Experience as an Assistant Buyer
- Someone who loves fashion, is very product focused and has good brand awareness
- Strong understanding of luxury brands, the fashion industry & good commercial awareness
- A degree in fashion buying, product or equivalent
- Someone who thrives and is able to work in an extremely fast paced and challenging environment
- Highly organised & an exceptional communicator
- Multitasker with a strong eye for detail and ability to work on own initiative
- Admin savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel & PowerPoint