Head of Data and Analytics
The Business of Fashion is seeking an ambitious, experienced and talented data and analytics practitioner to lead the development of BoF’s cross business data and analytics function. This is a new role and with your impressive track record in using data and analytics to unlock business growth and customer insight you’ll play a critical role in the future success of our business.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an incredible team and make your mark on a fast-growing media business with the overall goal of becoming the leader in the market for professional content and services for the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing content, tools and services to support the journey through the fashion industry from classroom to boardroom, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries around the world.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What We Need You To Do
As the Head of Data and Analytics reporting directly into the CFO, you will champion the use of data across BoF to build a deeper understanding of our business, make better more informed data-driven decisions and optimize the value of our customer relationships. In doing so you will help shape our business priorities, identify new sources of value and improve our operational efficiency.
In this role you will be expected to be both strategic, in developing and delivering a data roadmap for the business, and hands-on in supporting the existing data and analytics team as they deliver the data sets and analysis required by the missions and functions to achieve our short-term commercial objectives.
In being successful in this role, you will:
- Develop and deliver a company-wide data framework and roadmap that maximises the value of our investment in our data and analytics infrastructure.
- Lead the implementation of a company-wide data dashboard that provides a holistic view of the key drivers of our business and supports senior decision making and strategy.
- Build, lead, develop and retain a market-leading data and analytics team that supports the commercial priorities of our missions and functions.
- Establish highly collaborative ways of working to support our product and business units in maximising the value of their data assets with a focus on customer data.
- Be a champion and role model for the application of data analytics across BoF.
- Lead the development of rich data visualisation and compelling storytelling to explain trends and help stakeholders to engage with our data.
- Collaborate with Tech and Product teams to develop the data technology and platforms that allow us to store and analyse high quality data.
- Taking a leadership role in the development of a "data culture" throughout the business, evangelising the value of data in our decision making, coaching executives and team members in the benefits attainable through the use of data to increase the pace of product experimentation.
Who You Are
Entrepreneurial, and thriving in dynamic environments, you combine first class analytical skills, with a meticulous eye for detail and a strong sense of conviction in the power of data to drive business success. Open, friendly and consultative in your working style, you are able to positively influence those around you in all that you do. You are comfortable as a professional, a self-starter who can manage and prioritise activities in a transparent manner, clearly explaining and keeping to project timelines. Outside of that, you will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Exceptional analytical skills and a track record of using data analysis to successfully deliver value and trigger change - being equally comfortable with data analysis tools (including high levels of proficiency in SQL and Looker), getting hand-on with team members and other executives while also being strategic and able to present compelling insights gained from data analysis.
- Strong management and leadership skills - including the ability to build, organise, motivate, mentor and manage a data and analytics team that supports a diverse range of initiatives and priorities.
- Sensitivity and excellent influencing skills - ability to work with stakeholders across all levels of seniority in commercial, marketing and product functions to decipher hidden data needs.
- A commercial mindset – the ability to understand the commercial imperatives behind our data and analysis needs.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills - particularly strong in explaining and presenting complex data and analytical findings to non-technical audiences.
- An innovative approach – the ability to generate and nurture innovative ideas and solutions and bring them to fruition.
- Experience working with a variety of large-scale customer data sets such as transactional and web analytics data.
You’ll Know You’re Successful When...
- A ‘data culture’ has been firmly embedded at BoF.
- All of the stakeholders across BoF have instantaneous access to the data they need to understand the performance of the business.
- Decision making across BoF is consistently and demonstrably data-driven.