Overview of The Role
The Business of Fashion is seeking an expert Senior Editor with exceptional storytelling skills to lead our reports portfolio. This role is at the heart of our agenda-setting business journalism, positioned at the intersection of our global editorial team and BoF Insights, our new research and analysis think-tank. With deep experience writing, commissioning and editing long-form features and reports, you will provide BoF’s B2B community with mission-critical, unique coverage for the global fashion industry today.
Reporting to the executive editor and based in either London or New York, this is a senior leadership role that requires strong knowledge of the fashion or related sectors as well as of the broader global context in which the industry operates. As part of BoF’s editorial team, the Senior Reports Editor will be heavily involved in all aspects of producing our reports and related content, such as the groundbreaking BoF Sustainability Index, while working in lockstep with our new research and analysis unit.
Who Are We?
BoF is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry and is an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries. It has been described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing content, tools and services to support one’s journey through the fashion industry from the classroom to boardroom, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries around the world.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. We ensure all applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
Who you are:
- You are a passionate and creative business journalist with a strong portfolio of finger-on-the-pulse, forward-thinking content.
- Your extensive body of work showcases your ability for data-driven storytelling and sharp reporting, writing and editing.
- With substantial experience coaching and working with in-house and freelance journalists, you have plenty of confidence and agility to flourish in a fast-paced business-news environment in which collaboration and entrepreneurial spirit are key.
What we need you to do:
As part of this role you will...
- Pitch, commission, write, report and edit differentiating content that resonates with the global BoF community
- Guide, coach and commission in-house and freelance reporters
- Expand the strategic use of high-quality charts, maps and other visuals across BoF Editorial features and reports, and in other BoF content-creation teams as needed
- Have a roll-up-your-sleeves approach to your work to extract, analyse and produce information and insights
- Build on your already-formidable book of sources to identify storylines
- Collaborate across internal teams and time zones to ensure joined-up delivery of BoF content
- Play a pivotal role in our social media, webinars, roundtables and other community touch-points
- Juggle multiple deadlines and work well under pressure, with watertight project management
You will have the ability to:
- Showcase your creative flair for identifying and building out a portfolio of B2B reports and other content that resonate with the BoF community
- Be a storyteller with business acumen and an exceptional sense of the potent role of data-driven journalism to engage audiences
- Master the management of key stakeholder relationships, from BoF’s marketing, product and social media teams to external business partners
- Nurture new talent and share your knowledge internally and with business partners
- Thrive when working and collaborating under demanding deadlines across all functions in a dynamic business environment
- Have your finger on the industry pulse to help our community identify trends, risks and opportunities globally
- Lead, motivate and mentor reporters and editors to increase our data-driven content
- Relish public speaking at conferences, webinars and other events
- Uphold high journalistic standards to deliver accurate, balanced, trustworthy content
You’ll know you’re successful when you:
- Are front and centre in developing the quantity and quality of data-driven reports on a variety of topics critical for the BoF community
- Operate as an exceptional cross-functional collaborator
- Build on your rich business-journalism experience to become the go-to BoF expert by identifying new industry trends and content opportunities
We are open to receiving applications from candidates both in London, United Kingdom and New York, NY, USA. Please apply if based in either location.