Senior MarTech Specialist (AdTech)
Depop is the community-powered fashion marketplace to buy and sell unique fashion, with over 30 million registered users in more than 150 countries. Depop is a place for anyone to discover and celebrate their style on their own terms, and to feel good about their fashion choices by extending the lives of millions of garments. The company was founded in 2011 and is headquartered in London with offices in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Sydney. Depop has approximately 400 employees dedicated to its mission of building the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion, that’s kinder on the planet and kinder to people. In 2021, Depop became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Etsy - the global marketplace for unique and creative goods - and continues to operate as a standalone company.
Our mission is to build the world’s most diverse progressive home of fashion. Our team is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
Depop exists to empower the next generation to transform fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three values:
- Circularity - We’re taking the circular economy mainstream. Changing people’s relationship with clothes and making it easy to choose options that are kinder to the planet.
- Self expression - We are a space for self expression that encourages millions to explore, connect and find their identities through style.
- Opportunity - We are building a home of fashion where everyone feels welcome and anyone can succeed on their own terms.
MarTech is a tight-knit, cross-functional team started in mid-2020 that has grown substantially over the past year to include over twenty individuals. With members in data science, engineering, stakeholder engagement and project management, the team is very active across both business and engineering domains supporting a wide range of marketing and core strategic initiatives.
Day-to-day the team works in a modified Kanban system that operates in a continuous delivery cycle.
Individuals in the team freely communicate across technical and role boundaries to share knowledge and achieve consensus on implementation plans and longer term technical strategies for growth. MarTech takes pride in writing solid documentation, sharing knowledge with others and being an active part of Depop’s marketing and engineering culture, following the mantra of ‘We all succeed better together’.
Your role within Depop is to help marketers efficiently work with integrations and data supporting marketing initiatives while remaining fully compliant. Working alongside our performance marketing partners you will play a key role in growing existing channels from 1 to 100 as well as opening more growth opportunities to our organisation.
This role is critical to understanding business ambitions, shaping the tech backlog, making the right prioritisation and sequencing calls, and managing build vs. buy decisions.
- You will be responsible for shaping up Depop’s MarTech landscape.
- Also, you will be responsible for helping us understand what are the gaps that we have and we need to resolve in the short/medium/long term.
- You will be responsible for setting the MarTech roadmap and working with the ADM for its delivery. You will partner up with marketing and technical stakeholders to define requirements on both ends and deliver the solution.
- Continually supporting the engineering team throughout the development cycle. Ensuring the solution is fit for purpose for the marketing teams
- Support on business case creation for new technologies and 3rd party integrations. Together with MarTech Tech Lead define a build vs buy framework and support our RFP efforts.
- Continuously partner with our Performance Marketing team to understand how we can continue to invest & improve our integrations to enable the marketing team to run the best in class marketing.
- Continuously partner with our data engineering team to understand how we can ensure that our MarTech is powered by accurate and timely data.
- Keep stakeholders updated on project plans and timelines as well as the value unlocked through MarTech.
- This is an extremely cross-functional role and requires a unique individual that is comfortable building relationships across the organisation but mainly with marketing & technical teams
- Ideally 5+ years' experience in Marketing Technology or Digital Product Management with a strong focus on AdTech
- Previous experience partnering up both with technical and business teams
- Working knowledge of performance marketing tooling for both App and Web (MMPs, partner Pixels and SDKs, tag managers, CDPs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of user consent management and compliant data usage. Familiar with Google and Apple privacy updates as well as general data protection requirements (i.e. GDPR, Cookies, ATT (IDFA), etc.)
- Strong vision of fully transparent, compliant, user-first marketing
- Data driven mindset and approach. You are conformable self-serving with data visualisation tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Strong cross-functional leadership with proven influencing skills. You need to be able to align stakeholders across various groups in the organisation
- Hands-on, organised, and detail-oriented while not losing sight of the big picture
- Highly personable yet able to negotiate strongly
- Passion for and a constant eye on “the future of media and marketing tech” based on industry trends (digital innovation, customer level targeting, dynamic creative optimisation, media consumption, marketing platforms, attribution, a/b testing tools)
- Hands on experience with Segment or another CDP is a big plus
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We offer a personal learning budget for every employee and also sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us.
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees' wellbeing. We offer healthcare, an EAP (Employee Assistance Programme), a cycle to work scheme, weekly yoga sessions, a discounted gym membership and eyecare vouchers.
- Mental Health: Our employees' mental health is a top priority. We offer Headspace access and subsidised coaching and counseling appointments. We also have trained mental health first aiders available.
- Work/Life Balance: We offer a hybrid working model to provide a healthy work/life balance for our employees. We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees.
- Family Life: We offer flexible working, generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies, which include adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. We also offer life insurance, a pension scheme and parent and carer support.
- Office Life: We provide healthy snacks, tea and coffee in our offices. All of our offices are also dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials, such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities.
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.