Public Relations Manager, Fashion
The PR & Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing internal and external communications for the Informa Markets Fashion portfolio and suite of live and digital event brands including Coterie, MAGIC, Project and Sourcing at MAGIC. In partnership with an external PR agency and the North America PR Director, the Manager will develop creative messaging, proactive story angles, and ideate new external communication campaigns that capture attention and awareness and position commercial leadership as industry thought leaders. Working closely with key influencers and members of the media, the Manager will clearly communicate the portfolio’s unique value proposition(s), grow visibility and market share, and drive industry awareness through meaningful media coverage.
This role is also responsible for strategizing with commercial leadership to ensure consistent and cohesive pillar brand messaging across earned and owned platforms and channels, as well as developing internal messaging for key executives as needed, and, in partnership with the marketing team, developing core messaging for new product launches and initiatives.
The role requires expertise in the fashion industry, a dynamic personality, strong interpersonal and communication skills, and an active interest in industry and media trends.
Role Accountability and Duties:
PR STRATEGY & PLANNING
- Partner with President, Fashion to ensure internal and external communication efforts are aligned with long-term positioning and growth goals
- Work closely with commercial leadership and PR Director year-round to set and track against PR goals for each event brand
- Partner with content, community, marketing, brand teams to develop narratives and support the design of industry / vertical thought leadership strategy(s) that will position our brands as industry leaders
- Oversee and partner with an external PR agency
- Create long-term strategy for consumer exposure, in order to position the show brands not only in the B2B space
PUBLIC/MEDIA RELATIONS MANAGEMENT & COMMUNICATIONS
- Consistently secure positive media coverage and meaningful engagement with industry influencers across fashion and events industries
- Build and maintain relevant media lists and industry influencer database(s) as relevant to PR goals, brands and verticals, and target customer segments
- Build and maintain a network of relationships with relevant trade publications, tier 1 media organizations, industry associations, and other influential outlets.
- Work with executive leadership on spokesperson development by ghost writing contributed articles and talking points for relevant speaking opportunities that help position them as thought leaders
- Manage event press credentialing process; work with key cross functional teams (and contractors where necessary) on-site to manage press room, dealing with real-time requests from members of the media, registering them, and coordinating interviews and coverage
- Work closely with the marketing & brand management team to ensure that core brand, product, announcement messaging is optimal as necessary
- Be an active partner with content and social media team to secure maximum awareness and reach around announcements, secured press coverage, product launches, and more
- Define annual schedule of media / influencer events to support key business / brand objectives and track annual budgets
- Stay on top of industry trends and latest technology advancements by reading industry publications, attending relevant professional development events and reporting back learnings to team
- Work with agency to secure key media partnerships and exclusives
- Create hit list for Commercial Fashion Executives to have a presence at major relevant fashion events (fashion weeks, festivals, brand/store launches, etc.)
- Create a network of relevant fashion influencers and stylists to invite to shows to cover
- Demonstrated PR and communication experience in the fashion industry; agency experience preferred
- Positive experience in interfacing with agencies/external vendors and partners, managing freelancers, and working in a collaborative team environment
- You’re a storyteller at heart, and you love writing and brainstorming story ideas
- Successful experience and demeanor liaising with media, conducting proactive outreach and managing inbound requests in a strategic and timely manner
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive and a willingness to take ownership is key to success. Candidate must be detail-oriented with ability to handle various tasks simultaneously.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills a must; candidate should be able to demonstrate strong writing of strategic plans, media news releases, messaging documents and more, while also showing a track record of strong professional relationships developed with key industry and internal stakeholders
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations and influencing internal stakeholders, services and platforms; comfortable collaborating internally and externally
- Self-motivated and able to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines and activities simultaneously
- Relationships with Fashion trade and consumer-facing publications a plus
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, eye)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.