HR Manager - Part Time
Karla Otto Munich is looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to work as a HR Manager for the Munich Office. This role would be part-time working 2 days a week, business partnering with the SVP and managing the day-to-day activities of HR in a busy global communications agency as well as make a positive impact on processes and culture.
The responsibilities of the HR Manager cover the full employee lifecycle, but are not limited to:
- Work with local SVP on all new positions and capacity.
- Drive all recruitment activity, from Job Descriptions, local Candidate Attraction & Postings to Interviews and Offers.
- Manage the new starter process from contract creation, onboarding and induction planning, equipment preparation, system upload and probationary reviews to ensure all new starters have a great experience when they join the business
- Full responsibility for payroll including providing data to the Finance team and checking monthly reports
- Manage internal benefits alongside the 3rd party provides in Germany.
- Manage and create all documentation required to confirm any changes to employee terms and conditions
- Ensure HR People initiatives, policies and processes are implemented in line with the company ethos and direction
- Coach and develop Line Managers to ensure that they are given all the tools they need to manage their team effectively
- Manage all employee relations cases and provide sound legal and best practice advise on management.
- Manage the performance management process in Munich to ensure timely completion and proactive follow up
- Provide updates on all changes to employment law, which affects the company and its employees, and ensures that company policies are kept in line with these.
- Delivers data and insight to key stakeholders as and when requested
- Deliver adhoc HR projects as and when requested
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably within an agency environment but not essential.
Associate or bachelor’s degree required
The candidate should have excellent communication skills (both written and oral), and the ability to engage with all levels of the business.
Efficient time management
Strong work ethic.
Must be efficient in Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint