Account Manager – Social Media & Influencer Marketing
At Karla Otto we are always looking for personalities with positive charisma who are enthusiastic, self-motivated, have a keen sense of aesthetics and take on responsibility. With a focus on the entire German-speaking markets (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), the ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience working across premium & luxury beauty, fashion and lifestyle digital communications. You’ll be a creative thinker with a sharp visual eye who is never short on ideas and enjoys working collaboratively across various teams and functions.
You are a social media native; understanding the latest viral TikTok challenge and trending themes on Instagram and Pinterest, to this month’s most searched YouTube make-up tutorials. A strong passion for / knowledge of current global trends in fashion/beauty/lifestyle and social media is essential, as well as an interest in the wider cultural/social landscape and complementary verticals (i.e. music, art etc.) too. You will be responsible for managing and engaging digital strategies for a range of high-profile luxury clients. The successful candidate will possess excellent attention to detail; account management and organizational skills; as well as a good knowledge of the
German-speaking landscape of influencers and further content creators/creatives. From concepting and executing creative influencer partnerships for digital platforms, to building strong relationships with key talent, you will be a strong storyteller who loves articulating and selling in engaging concepts that meet brand strategies and briefs.
• Build client trust and manage clients - you will act as the digital consultant and expert, supporting the team in it‘s day-to-day contact with our clients
• Devise and execute innovative influencer / content creator campaigns across TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest
• Cast, commission and manage fresh and exciting talent (digital influencers and content creators) to execute branded content on behalf of clients
• Build strong relationships with influencers and seed product to them (in both a paid and organic capacity), confidently managing this process end-to-end (from outreach, talent agreements/negotiations and delivery, through to reporting and analysis of coverage)
• Undertake sound, qualitative and quantitative research to demonstrate the value of influencer campaigns and report on their effectiveness in an effort to maximize results and provide key future learnings
• Actively contribute to global and local team brainstorms and work on 360 pitch documents across various Karla Otto divisions to deliver exciting omni-channel strategies
• Remain ahead of all news at the intersection of fashion, beauty, lifestyle and social media in order to advise clients on new opportunities and emerging trends and strategies
• Oversee administrative tasks, including talent contracts and invoicing with influencers, their agents and Karla Otto finance team
• Be comfortable using various social media and influencer digital reporting and monitoring tools and trouble-shooting when needed
• Image researching for client social media channels, new business pitches and client strategies
• When required, write strong, error-free copy with creative flair for clients’ social media channels (being able to switch from one tone of voice to another in a heartbeat), as well as global/local new business pitches and client strategy documents
• Support Senior Director, Strategic Communications (London based), and other senior team members, where required with new business pitches; creative decks etc.
• Be the go-to person for questions pertaining to digital and data-focused influencer marketing queries for Karla Otto Munich offices. Support teams across the agency’s various international locations within a creative capacity when needed.
• 3-5 years’ experience working, with direct experience in premium/luxury fashion, beauty & lifestyle
• Past client-facing experience is required
• Fluency in English & German (written and verbal)
• Essential: natural planner and organizer who is experienced in overseeing and driving the on-going
management of digital content and strategies
• Passionate about fashion/beauty/lifestyle, social media, influencer marketing and storytelling
• A deep understanding and ongoing interest in social media platforms and their evolution
• High level execution skills and meticulous attention to detail, both aesthetically and organizationally
• A sharp visual eye and proficiency in Keynote and PowerPoint is required (graphic design experience and proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop would be an advantage but isn’t required)
• Solution-oriented with a positive, can-do attitude and flexible working style (being able to adapt to client needs and different ways of working)
• A team player who will excel in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and work to stringent deadlines
• Experience in implementing innovative and impactful multi-channel digital content strategies
• Excellent communication and presentation skills