Trainee, Logistics & Communications
Karla Otto London are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to join the agency as a Trainee. This role provides the opportunity to work and gain experience across several of the agency’s departments and is the first step towards a successful career in PR and Communications.
Whilst this is an entry level position, the role has a number of vital responsibilities relating to logistics, archives, and the movement of samples internally and externally (Sample Trafficking), that support the wider team in delivering exceptional client experience and results.
Communications Account Management:
- ·Support the Communications Account Coordinators and Account Assistants in Sample Trafficking:
- Support the signing in process of samples
- Monitor and control the movement of samples in and around the building
- Support the send out and returns process of samples to contacts including editors, influencers, stylists, clients etc.
- Escalate any challenges to the send out process to senior team members
- Maintain regular communication with key internal and external stakeholders specifically relating to samples
- Support the ongoing collaborative and respectful relationships between the PR and Logistics teams to ensure that tasks are carried out in line with process and in an efficient manner
- Support in sample pitching, and preparing images and assets for product pitching / news pitching / press release send outs to press Assist the Communications team in organising and executing special projects and events e.g. Press Days and London Fashion Week Help keep contact databases updated and organised on Launchmetrics Prepare and compile reports Support with miscellaneous administrative tasks
- Assist and work closely with the Logistics Coordinator Liaise with couriers regarding collections, deliveries, and diversion of shipments when required Work closely with the client services teams to have all relevant information i.e. reference numbers & paperwork of shipments Monitor domestic and international daily deliveries and support in booking in returns and new samples Submit all samples to the relevant databases for inventory management Work directly with external client logistics teams to oversee the paperwork and arrival of editor and influencer gifting shipments, and co-ordinate the onward send out of the gifting to relevant recipients Pack and process high value and delicate items
- Prepare print and online press coverage to a high standard using Adobe Photoshop Distribute daily coverage updates to clients via email Monitor effectiveness of PR activity by generating editorial reports Effectively utilise external clippings database Maintain and organise the magazine archive
- An interest in logistics and supply chain An interest in public relations and communications An interest in culture, arts, fashion and lifestyle Strong communication skills (both written and oral), research, and organisation skills Ability to work under pressure, to meet deadlines and prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Confidence to make suggestions, bring ideas to the wider team that focuses on client experience and work alone or as part of a team High level of attention to detail and the ability to present and interpret quantitative and qualitative data Highly motivated and enthusiastic Strong work ethic Efficient in Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint and Launchmetrics. Adobe Photoshop experience desirable
- Must be eligible to work in the UK