Senior Commercial Manager
Responsible for managing the Comme des Garcons Ltd wholesale business within North America. This includes all Comme des Garcons seasonal brands and core products (Play, Perfume and Wallet).
- Responsible for scheduling and actively selling to all clients during seasonal selling exhibition and the selling of all core products during ordering periods.
- Ongoing market research to identify new business development opportunities.
- Developing and implementing sales and distribution strategies for each of the 18 Comme des Garcons collections with the objective to grow the business in a strong and controlled way.
- Conducting and coordinating ongoing brand product knowledge seminars at all key retailers.
- Develop strong partnerships with clients by having an open dialog about new products, stock levels, etc.
- Schedule in store visits on a regular basis to ensure representation and brand image is always maintained.
- Development, maintenance, and general upkeep of client database.
- Follow up with clients concerning specific display and logo requests.
- Weekly meeting with Vice President and CFO to advise on specific strategy, targets, and objectives.
- Ensuring the growth and development of the Commercial Team (3 direct reports) by identifying and initiating a plan of action for any specific training needs.
- Managing a clear DOR within the Commercial Team.
- Instilling a common sense of organization and a culture of professionalism within the team.
- Ensuring that all staff are clear on what the standards are and that these standards are maintained.
- Together with the Vice President and CFO, create annual, seasonal and monthly budgets along with a selling strategy to achieve the budgets.
- Quarterly meeting with the President to discuss selling results and general performance.
- Sending seasonal results to Vice President, CFO, and International Head Office.
- Minimum of 5 years wholesale experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of prior management experience
- Proven track record achieving results across multiple businesses
- Advanced business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to lead and manage team
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including v-lookups, pivot tables, and basic macros; Must be able to manipulate large quantities of data in Microsoft Excel to drive business decisions
- A highly motivated individual able to manage a team and converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Will strategize to drive the business forward.