The Marketing Specialist is a highly motivated, creative individual with a passion for marketing and fashion. This role is key in the delivery and success of marketing initiatives and campaigns that generate brand awareness and drive revenue for our portfolio of flagship live and digital B2B fashion solution including MAGIC, COTERIE, PROJECT, and SOURCING at MAGIC.
This role is focused on developing sponsored product positioning and messaging that resonates with target audiences. The Marketing Specialist will work to acquire and engage with existing and new sponsors. The ideal candidate excels at creating operational processes, visual and written storytelling, and has experience in cross-team collaboration, critical thinking, project management, strategic planning, and hands-on campaign execution.
The Marketing Specialist’s duties will vary day-to-day, but their main responsibilities include, but are not limited to, planning launches of new products, analyzing campaign results, project management, overseeing and executing paid digital campaigns, creating sales collateral to nurture retention and net new customers, as well as developing conversion-driven copy for marketing emails and website.
Remote applicants are encouraged to apply. Our team is primarily located in Santa Monica and New York City; however, we offer a flexible and remote work environment for all employees.
- Collaborate with content, sponsorship, sales, and marketing to develop sponsored product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas.
- Understand and document our buyer’s process, including where they get information, and the who, what, when and why behind the decisions they make to inform our sales and marketing processes.
- Identify and develop sponsor marketing / promotional opportunities through research and creative thinking
Marketing Planning & Development:
- Develop year-round marketing plans aligned to overall portfolio business goals and objectives in conjunction with our wider marketing team, including key activities and budgets to support the retention of existing customers and the acquisition of new customers.
- Oversee and execute integrated marketing, communications, and lead generation campaigns through digital advertising, paid media and media partnerships, email, social media, and other tactics.
- Ensure consistent use of established branding, core value proposition messaging, imagery, and positioning across internal and external marketing materials, graphics, communications, and more.
- Write creative, impactful, conversion-optimized marketing copy for a variety of purposes, platforms, and channels.
- Manage email and digital campaign calendar as well as pacing, reporting, surveying, and analytics for all campaigns and events.
- Oversee and execute the creation of marketing materials from concept to delivery and distribution; project manage internal team resources and external vendors (as needed) to deliver material within the marketing timeline.
Delivery & Reporting:
- Create operational processes to align marketing activities to sponsorship commitments and help internal stakeholders understand their role in achieving success.
- Facilitate the cross-functional implementation of sponsor plans.
- Provide budgetary support including billing, coding of invoices, reconciliation, purchase order creation, and tracking.
- Assist with onsite support during events including brand, manufacturer, sponsor, and retailer testimonial collection, exhibitor registration support, first-time exhibitor support, and VIP programs.
- Interpret and analyze marketing campaign results and data; develop recommended strategies, timelines, and tactics to further optimize marketing spend and campaign ROI.
- Create and deliver sponsorship templates that enable the Marketing and Sponsorship teams to showcase activities and performance.
- 5 years proven work experience within marketing
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven working knowledge of the fashion industry and B2B marketing
- Proven success working in matrixed organizations and influencing internal stakeholders, services and platforms. Comfortable collaborating internally and externally
- An entrepreneurial spirit and desire to take projects and run with them
- Experience creating and executing email campaigns and paid digital marketing campaigns
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated and adapts to changing situations and requirements
- Outstanding project management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- A keen eye for creating visually engaging emails, digital campaigns, and webpages
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and create reports used to provide insight to key stakeholders
- Proficiency in email and web creation platforms, experience working with Eloqua is a plus
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Graphic design skills and proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop preferred
- Light travel throughout the year is required to provide on-site support during live fashion trade events
What we offer:
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and other development/training opportunities
- Health and Wellness Benefits (medical, dental, vision)
- 401K and Matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Generous PTO policy
- Work-life balance
- Additional discounts through various partnerships
We know that sometimes the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist, and that people can be put off applying for a job if they don't fit all the requirements. If you're excited about working for us and have most of the skills or experience we're looking for, please go ahead and apply. You could be just what we need! We believe strongly in the value of diversity and creating supportive, inclusive environments where our colleagues can succeed. As such, Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under federal, state or local law.