Senior Designer - Denim
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world.
The power brands that drive fashion forward – for good.
Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER.. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
About Calvin Klein
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand built on iconic essentials and powered by bold, progressive ideals. The Calvin Klein brands — CK Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Jeans, Calvin Klein Underwear and Calvin Klein Performance — provide us with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, through multiple distribution channels and to different consumer groups. The Calvin Klein brands are also licensed for a range of products, including fragrance, women's apparel, footwear, eyewear, watches and jewellery in various regions. Global retail sales of products sold under the Calvin Klein brands were approximately $9.4 billion in 2019.
The tiered-brand strategy was established for Calvin Klein to provide a focused, consistent approach to global brand growth and development that preserves the brand's prestige and image. Each of the Calvin Klein brands occupies a distinct marketing identity and position. We believe that Calvin Klein is well positioned over the next few years to establish itself as the world’s favourite brand. With the North Star of "Defying the boundaries of self-expression" guiding its design, marketing and consumer engagement initiatives, we believe that Calvin Klein will convert its investments into ongoing commercial success
The Department & Team
The Denim Design Team is a small team that designs the denim collections for both Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Sportswear Men’s and Women’s.
Within Calvin Klein, the Denim Team works closely with the non-denim design team for both Calvin Klein and Calvin Klein Jeans to align on big ideas and concepts each season. We also partner with the merchandising and product development teams to assort and execute the seasonal collections.
The Senior Designer for Women’s Denim in the Calvin Klein team, reporting into the Design Director of Denim, is part of the design team, and is responsible for designing and executing seasonal collections for the product categories in denim; 5 pocket jeans, denim shirts, denim skirts, denim dresses, denim shorts, and denim jackets. Our design team designs the denim collections for both Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Sportswear. The Senior Designer has a strong understanding of the product categories he/she is responsible for. They work closely with the Design Director of denim, Men’s Senior Denim Designer, merchandisers, and product developers to execute and assort the collection. The key objective is to ensure creative commercial product ranges are designed and developed for the Calvin Klein Jeans and Sportwear collections, in line with the Calvin Klein brand identity.
- Researching trends that work into the Calvin Klein Jeans and Sportswear brand strategies, translating these into the collection on the direction of the Design Director of Denim, Creative Director, and Global Brand Vision.
- Translating the denim trends into a commercial collection that is in line with the brand vision, working closely with the Design Director of Denim.
- Working with the non-denim designers of both Jeans and Sportswear teams to align the design aesthetics, seasonal details and the big ideas of the Creative Concept
- Working to the Divisional Calendar to meet deadlines
- Working closely and communicating daily with merchandising & product development teams
- Developing Seasonal trims that are in line with seasonal direction with the trim development team
- Knowledge of denim fabric and basic wash techniques that fit the Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein aesthetic. Knowledge of the technical aspects within the denim category specifically is preferred.
- Following up on all changes that relate to the product area/styles on a daily basis
- Preparing all Women’s denim worksheets for PLM system management
- Working closely with Tech Department and PD for the fitting process and develop new shapes based on-trend.
- Supports and partners with product development to execute each style, making sure that the Calvin Klein Jeans and Sportswear D.N.A. is seen in each garment.
- Work well in a team environment utilizing strong communication skills
- Develop and understand product knowledge each season.
- Keen interest in 3D design (Lotta & VStitcher) as the Calvin Klein is embarking upon a digital journey.
Please include your Denim Portfolio with your application.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor Level degree (or equivalent) in Fashion Design
- Experience: at least 5 years experience in fashion Design, preferably at least 3 years’ experience within design direction.
- Skills: Strong use of Illustrator and Photoshop. Must be able to draw in Illustrator. Understanding of PowerPoint and Excel for specification work.
- Good understanding of constructions and materials.
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace of seasons.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must.
- 3D design programs Lotta & VStitcher are a plus
- Creates partnership and able to work within a team
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A monthly Covid home - office budget
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office.
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation .