Senior Merchandiser Tommy Jeans Footwear Women's
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
As a key member of the Tommy Jeans Footwear & Accessories merchandising team, the Senior Merchandiser takes ownership to achieve sustainable and profitable growth of the Tommy Jeans Footwear Women collection by understanding the brand strategy, DNA, company culture, and balancing different market requirements. Under the guidance of the Merchandising Manager, the Senior Merchandiser will be responsible to execute the merchandising critical path from initial strategy to product realization. You will work closely with the wider merchandising team, sales, design and product development team to deliver cross-product storytelling. You will report into the Merchandising Manager of Footwear & Accessories Womens.
- Providing the range plan and collection architecture to create commercial and fashionable collections in line with the corporate direction which fulfill different market needs together with sales, design and product development teams
- Providing guidance during the collection-building process (e.g. in merchandising brief handover, sketch and proto reviews)
- Achieving aggressive merchandising growth target, with healthy price value, margin and collection efficiency based on management target
- Analyzing sell in and sell out of the relevant categories, competitor and market trends to identify opportunities and make necessary recommendations from a commercial perspective
- Efficient reporting needed for planning and evaluation to support (management) decision-making
- Attend pre-pricing and final pricing/margin meetings, ensuring price points reflective of quality and alignment with margin targets
- Communication with the sales teams to fulfil different market requirements, suggesting the most effective product selection and supporting sales needs on merchandising related topics (e.g. sample allocation, product information)
- Presentation of the seasonal collections in key meetings with the ability to lead, influence and moderate discussions
- Providing database (e.g. forecasts) at all times in an efficient and timely manner
The Ideal Candidate:
If you are curious about trends, data-driven and you think without limits, our team is perfect for you
We are looking for a real team player, who brings in creative and positive energy. Our team is supportive, strong and creative and we are looking for a structured personality that is full of power and wants to push Tommy Jeans forward.
- 4 years previous experience in a Footwear Product Merchandising/Buying role.
- Good understanding of fashion, the industry, trends and different business models.
- Commercial and strategic knowledge within a Global Footwear environment
- Embrace the hands-on, active, dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in spreadsheet analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to present and map complex business solutions and processes
- Focused on achieving results & confident to take on accountability to deliver to expectations
- Ability to bring ideas to the table in relation to product and brand mix
- Ability to execute strategic initiatives
- Comfortable to build relationships at all levels with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as being a self-motivated individual
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Quick to learn new systems and tools
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must, any other language will be a benefit.
- Creates partnership and able to work within a diverse team
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A monthly Covid home- office budget
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include a motivational letter with your application. We would love to understand why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.