Senior Merchandiser - TH Menswear
About PVH Corp.
PVH is one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. We power brands that drive fashion forward – for good. Our brand portfolio includes the iconic CALVIN KLEIN and TOMMY HILFIGER brands. We market a variety of goods under these and other nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands. PVH has over 40,000 associates operating in over 40 countries and $9.9 billion in annual revenues. That's the Power of Us. That’s the Power of PVH.
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
The Tommy Hilfiger Menswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European HQ, the team is split into 5 sub-teams: Design, Merchandising & Sales, Production, Sourcing & Development and Buying & Planning. These 5 teams work together in an informal setting to create superbly styled and high-end quality products for the Global consumer base.
As a member of the Merchandising team, the Senior Merchandiser takes ownership of the responsible product groups reporting directly to the Merchandising Director. The role includes working on strategies based on the market needs while furthermore working closely with both Design and Product Development to build a strong collection. Next to this, there is a strong collaboration within the Merchandising team to work on cross-product group strategies. The position expects an end to end ownership, from strategy mapping up to ensuring the product can be sold to our customers at the seasonal selling kickoff.
- Pants, Shorts and Denim businesses
- Work collaboratively with the Director to create seasonal strategies. Work with the merchandising team to lead range plan strategies, taking into consideration the needs of Wholesale, Retail & Ecommerce channels for Tommy Hilfiger MSW EUR Markets
- Build strong relationships with the Design & Product Development teams to build an efficient & profitable collection, balancing the commercial product needs with the seasonal design direction.
- Present the line to all market stakeholders during key calendar touchpoints.
- Collaborate with the balance of Merchandising team across product groups to define the optimum consumer assortment & key product pushes for the season.
- Create various analyses on the collection throughout the season to review sales results, pricing architecture, product assortment, and suggesting tweaks were necessary to maximize category potential.
- Lead defining the sampling plan for the regional showrooms.
- Forecast the line to identify any potential risks, opportunities & to aid in capacity/fabric pre-bookings.
- Management of PLM systems for the team, ensuring data integrity at all times.
- Identify & implement best practices to ensure effective use of time & maximum output in the team.
- Complete ad hoc seasonal projects.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years Merchandising or Buying experience, Menswear Outerwear and/or Shirt experience preferred
- Online / Direct-to-Consumer experience commercial mindset with a proven track record of building successful businesses across all KPIs
- Ability to analyse large amounts of data & to build a narrative around trends/patterns in the data
- Team player with an ability to develop, foster, and leverage strong cross-functional relationships with Design, PD, Sales, Marketing, etc.
- Proactive with a willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Organisation skills & an ability to manage multiple projects/seasons simultaneously
- Ability to work in a very fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills, specifically Excel
- Experience with PLM style management system
- Fluent in English, both written & verbal
- Passionate about the Tommy Hilfiger Brand and products
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafés
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
Please include a cover letter with your application. We would love to know why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.