Director of Technology
Who we are
WE BUILD THE BRANDS OF TOMORROW.
PURPOSE DRIVEN, CREATIVELY LEAD, COMMUNITY INSPIRED.
INDEPENDENT AND ENTREPRENEURIAL AT HEART.
Tomorrow support our brand partners through digitally-enhanced b2b and omnichannel b2c. Our brand partners are across four different levels
brands founded by creative leaders who are driven by intent or clear causes. Tomorrow invests directly in the ip of these brands: a-cold-wall*, athletics footwear, charles jeffrey loverboy, colville, coperni
brands who we have identified as being the emerging players who are defining the markets of the future
cutting edge collaborations developed to reinvigorate established brands
GOODS & SERVICES
intent-driven brands for broader markets
Who we're looking for
We are looking for a Director of Technology to provide leadership and oversight for all technical development. This is a role for a commercially focused director who will provide overall solutions, architecture and guidance for the business.
An expert in NetSuite, you will have expertise across multiple programming languages for troubleshooting and debugging.
You will act as the go-to infrastructure and database related issues, managing network security.
Working closely with the executive leadership team you will effectively navigate short-term and long-term resource planning and budgeting to deliver world class service for our customers and internal teams.
What your day to day will look like
- Manage systems implementations and upgrade projects, there will be minor/major modifications to existing systems
- Define, analyze, and document business requirement features to come up with technology solutions/alternatives; communication with the user on solutions, project scope, and implementation timeline; develop functional software and hardware requirements for new processes or process enhancement
- Communicates and coordinates with client groups, supply chain and logistics plus related functional areas to implement application changes; coordinates with vendors to implement production fixes, application enhancements and manages vendor delivery of production fixes and application upgrades Review business needs for application project with users and key systems users
- Ensure user participation in review, sign off, and training in system projects
- Ensure development and implementation protocols are strictly adhered to and avoid business disruption
- Manage on-going systems support and maintenance: systems integrity issues
- Ensure all systems are fully operational
- Ensure the data integrity of all applications
- Manage development, QA and support staff to ensure high availability of cross channel infrastructure
- Manage vendors for on-time delivery of projects and issues
- Provide training through staff assignments for end-users and internal staff members
- Audit performance of applications and support staff via survey/feedback mechanisms of internal client leaders and end-users
- Continuously improves and evolves solution development processes
- Ensures all systems and hardware are continuously updated and protected from viruses and intrusions
- Ensures 99.95% systems uptime
- Active engagement with infrastructure, database, and network administration
- Identify and help resolve all hardware, network, telecom, and ERP related issues
- Forecast aging and end of life systems and hardware to develop an upgrade plan
- Oversee network and server performance
- Other infrastructure-related projects as identified and requested
Manage staff development:
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with direct reports
- Coach and provide accountability for direct reports on communication, project management, adherence to deadlines, and technical standards
- Provide formal and informal performance reviews for staff
- Develop staff through effective direction, training, and performance management
- Establish effective staff growth through leadership and technical development programs
What you need to succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in CS/MIS/IT or related technical field or relevant combination of education and experience.
- Strong experience (3-5 years) with NetSuite ERP
- 3-5 years in an IT Leadership role. Apparel/Wholesale/Retail is probably mandatory
- Broad technical knowledge in various IT disciplines with the ability to understand business needs and budgetary involvement.
- Broad knowledge of API/EDI integrations, web platforms, order management, and WMS systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, planning and organizational skills