Senior Graphic Designer
This omni channel role is responsible for the ideation and execution of visual brand communications across multiple platforms ensuring consistency that appropriately represents. House of Hackney’s brand and ethos across all touch points .Output should balance a fresh creative perspective with commercial sensitivity and enrich the brand experience across all channels of the business, creating new ways to drive the brand message forward. This role acts as a brand guardian, producing and maintaining guidelines to ensure a consistent look and feel across all platforms of the business.
- First point of contact for all visual creative needs across the business- ensuring the creative consistency is across all channels including physical spaces, conducting regular meetings with stakeholders, advising on process and updating on project statuses
- Responsible for the creative development and visual execution of campaigns, working closely with the Creative Content team to generate ideas that successfully engage customers across all channels of the business
- Leads design and creative direction of homepages, newsletters and website content
IMAGES & PHOTOGRAPHY
- Art direction and post production management of all product photography
- Supporting Creative Director on campaign shoot creative- research, storyboarding , asset/ content strategy
- Reviews image success from brand reactions and reacts accordingly to replicate success across other touchpoints
- Manages the UGC strategy – ensures images are received and utilised as much as possible to help drive conversion
- Identifies how to bridge the customer imagination gap through engaging conversion tools by category and customer journey ( email follow ups ,how to guides) - generates creative ideas, reviews who is doing it well, pre, pitches to senior management, manages feedback process, executes and oversees all aspects of visual design production required ( image and moving image resources )
AGENCIES, BUDGETS & RESOURCES
- Manages relationships with a range of print and production suppliers, preparing artwork files, negotiating costs and coordinating deliverables
- Managing resources to ensure consistently high quality is achieved on time and within budget
- Oversees design work conducted by external agencies
- Responsible for ensuring the use of sustainable materials and working with suppliers to push the boundaries with environmentally friendly printing technique
- Manages photographer /filmographer relationship and seeks out new talent to work with.
- Leads design on new website developments, developing and executing design enhancements based on high-level briefs
- Works closely with the Head of Ecommerce to continuously review the relevance and quality of the content across the website and take action accordingly
- Produces original, user-focused UX/UI digital concepts and solutions that are multi-faceted and incorporate all the elements of a great user experience to make the customer journey as effortless, seamless and shoppable as possible, while maintaining the house style and brand objectives
- Active role in development project workflow from scoping user journeys, through wireframing, to delivering final designs to developers/ecommerce team
- Understand and apply best practice UI/UX principles to projects. Design responsive wireframes, prototypes and documentation as required. Understand mobile design – e.g. mobile apps, mobile-first concepts, etc..
- Proactively/constantly identify new opportunities to improve the design of the site.
- Art direction and execution of visual assets for key online content including Homepage content, social media, newsletters, and any other on-site content
- Creates product stories and concepts for online features and rich-media content
- Manages ecommerce image selection process
- Hands-on approach to design and art working collateral for events and special projects, packaging and the design of window and in-store graphics for both the London and New York showrooms
- Supports direct reports with their creative, personal and strategic development, ensuring they are delivering the output required at the best level within the timeframe and balancing creativity with commerciality
- Production management and cross-department coordination of the business’s ‘Most Important Projects’, creating critical paths, allocating workload and briefing relevant team members and leading weekly meetings to track progress
- Conducts regular meetings with senior stakeholders, presenting strategies, advising on process and updating on project status
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR*:
- + 3 years proven experience in digital design with successful track record in team management
- A highly creative and strategic individual who is a conceptual thinker
- An intuitive eye for market trends as well as a deep interest in and understanding of the House of Hackney brand and what sets us apart
- Organised and self-motivated with exceptional attention to detail, and a proven ability to work to deadlines and multi -task
- A collaborative individual with a positive outlook who has a passion for inspiring, leading and mentoring people to achieve their absolute best
- Strong digital Skillset: passionate, knowledgeable and highly skilled on digital design software and process and has showcased ability to develop concepts and designs for new functionality by developing scope and design. High proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Zmags etc
- Creates designs with an emotional resonance for the end user
- Strong understanding of typography, colour and layout
- A flexible attitude to adapt to a growing team as well as business needs
- Pro-active with an ability to show initiative and generate ideas to constantly improve the quality of the site.
- Initiative: works independently with good management of planning and timelines to ensure timely launches.
- Someone who thrives working in a fast-paced and cross-functional role
- Inspirational and engaging with the confidence to lead workshops and embrace feedback
- Excellent briefing skills with the ability to listen, interpret and communicate complex information in a concise and understandable way
- Proven digital experience with a deep understanding of how to adapt each message to cater to a multi-generational customer who engages across different channels
- A forward-thinker and planner with the ability to consider the long-term impact of decisions whilst continually elevating the creative on a day-to-day basis
*The stated experience and background is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated
As always, there are some perks
- 22 Days Holiday Allowance + Bank Holidays + Maundy Thursday and a half-day for your birthday
- Seasonal 4 Day Week Scheme, Fridays off all Summer.
- Cycle to Work Loan Scheme
- PayDay Drinks every month and at least two exciting team gatherings a year, we also celebrate birthdays in the office whenever possible.
- Our water is filtered because plastic bottles are banned from the office, plenty of herbal teas, coffee, fruit & cereals are available weekly for that morning snack.
- The team is hard-working and upbeat, we often help each other and there's very little we can't conquer together.
- 30% discount across HOH products and first grabs on sample sale items
House of Hackney is an equal opportunity employer. The company will not unlawfully discriminate on grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability or age, pregnancy or trade union membership.
Unfortunately, we are not able to offer a visa sponsorship.