We have an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to join the head office finance function based in London, reporting to the Financial Controller.
This position will work to produce and take control of the management accounting process for JOSEPH Limited, ensuring integrity and accuracy of accounts to ensure that data is provided to the relevant Department Heads and Directors in a timely fashion enabling them to manage their business functions effectively.
This position is an ideal opportunity for an Accountant who likes to get into the detail, problem solve, improve processes and support with project work.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
Includes but is not limited to:
- Involvement in the Preparation of monthly management accounts (P & L, Balance sheet) and reconciliation of key account balances including stock.
- Prepare analysis of stock at month-end.
- Preparation of key accruals and prepayments.
- Completion of quarterly VAT return.
- Accounting for duty across JOSEPH Limited.
- Involvement in ad hoc projects working with other functions to improve efficiencies of the company and to prepare the organisation to meet the targeted sales growth.
- Involvement in the preparation of annual statutory accounts for JOSEPH Limited.
- Provide pro-active support and reporting function to other key Business Departments as required.
- Assist with year end external audit of JOSEPH Limited.
Key skills, experience and knowledge required:
- Part Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA).
- Experience of using Microsoft Navision.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (v lookup and pivot tables).
- Experience with month end processes, management accounting, cashflow work, budgeting and forecasting and other core accounting duties.
- Experience of working in a similar position within the retail sector.
- Excellent communication skills, able to business partner with non finance teams effectively to gather information and to create models.
- Ability to communicate financial information to non-finance stakeholders in a clear manner.
- Excellent commercial acumen.
- Highly organised, able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and diligence.
- Proactive, able to collaborate and support the wider finance function and to problem solve when necessary.
JOSEPH Company values
We are driven by our ambitious expectations — good enough isn’t good enough. We understand that in order to compete and win in this category we must put our best foot forward, each and every time.
How we treat our staff, make our product and the role we play in the industry and the world is underpinned by an unwavering integrity. We do the right thing, even when it’s not the easy thing. We never cut corners or sacrifice on our quality or our principles.
Attention to detail
Thought, care and a great attention to detail goes into everything we do. It’s the only way we will consistently delight our customers.
Born from the mind and spirit of a pioneer, we are curious, entrepreneurial and always looking for new ways to push our brand, our business and our customer experience forward.
At JOSEPH, we are committed to achieving a culture of diversity, inclusivity and gender balance. We value talent, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sex or any other factor.
By applying via this platform for this position you agree to JOSEPH retaining your application and any other documentation as submitted by you in accordance with your application until such time that our recruitment and on boarding process is complete. In connection with your application, we must process your personal data, although this will be used for recruitment purposes only. Please refer to our Applicant Privacy Notice located on the JOSEPH Website for further details.