Emilia Wickstead is recruiting a Design Director to join her team.
We are looking for an experienced creative team player who enjoys making a difference in a small and entrepreneurial environment and who, alongside the Creative Director, is able to advance our collections.
This candidate will head the Design Team at Emilia Wickstead and step in for the Creative Director whenever required
They will be responsible for 4 main collections per year, capsule collections as well as all other product development streams. They will therefore work closely with the rest of the Design Team, Product Development, and Commercial on the product strategy, development and design of all Emilia Wickstead lines.
That role will also be responsible for ensuring that each collection is brought to market in a timely and profitable manner. A background in commercial, product-led design is required as well as an ability to create and develop original initial design ideas.
This leader will inspire and develop the design team to enable high performance, both in quality and quantity, of aesthetically relevant creative outputs as well as collaborate and productively partner with cross-functional peers.
- Lead the entire design process, ensuring that designs are in keeping with the brand's DNA and meet the approval of the creative director. This includes managing the creative process from start to finish: defining concepts and inspirations; researching themes, colours, and fabrics; conducting market research; designing and sketching; draping and leading the sample room from first toile to final sample.
- Produce research, sketches, draping and construction pages for all designs, as well as creating presentation boards.
- Source relevant fabrics, embroideries and suppliers to meet the design requirements for each project
- Create and develop mood boards and original inspiration themes for seasonal collections
- Manage suppliers and budgets for atelier requirements
- Oversee, develop and work closely with a small design team (Senior Designer, Studio Manager, Design Assistant) as well as in house pattern makers
- Ensure critical path deadlines are maintained, working closely with the COO and Leadership Team
- Prepare/manage and present at milestone meetings (internal/external)
- Implement the company's strategic guidelines
- 5+ years of experience as Womenswear Senior Designer
- Strong communication and leadership skills, able to manage a small team and communicate frequently and accurately with the rest of the business
- A self-starter, able to delegate where appropriate
- Confidence and resilience to work closely with and support the Creative Director in the creative process, standing in for her whenever required
- Strong brand understanding and luxury sensibility
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet critical deadlines that impact the overall business
- Ability to work cross-functionally, building strong relationships with other departments
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel and Office Suite
NOTE: Please attach some current examples of your work to this application. References will be requested if your application is successful.