THE GREAT. is Emily Current & Meritt Elliott’s multi-category advanced contemporary women’s collection. For women, by women, THE GREAT. is a casual collection that reimagines American classics with a sense of nostalgia.
We are seeking a full-time Store Manager for our retail location in Newport Beach.
Our ideal candidate is a motivated individual with a strong team spirit with a desire to play an active role on the sales floor and daily operations. You are responsible for ensuring a consistently memorable shopping experience while generating meaningful revenue and positive profit for the store.
- Directly responsible for sales and profit performance in assigned stores.
- Works with VP of Retail to develop operating budgets and monitor performance against them.
- Supervises the store staff to maximize sales and profit performance.
- Establishes and monitors all store standards and their successful implementation.
- Maintains a welcoming environment that generates customer traffic and builds loyalty by exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Coaching and mentoring staff to implement initiatives that support exceptional customer service standards.
- Identifying potential improvements in-store operations and merchandise flow to maximize their store performance.
- Provides continual feedback to Buying Team and Planners.
- Identify items and merchandise classifications of high sales and profit potential.
- Communicating specific requirements relating to customer needs and competition.
- Assuring the maintenance of appropriate and balanced inventory levels.
- Understands and places a high priority on visual presentation and maintenance of the in-store environment, consistent with desired image and character.
- Actively provides guidance and direction in the implementation and execution of visual directives and presentations.
- Reviews store layouts with a view towards attaining maximum sales within each merchandise classification.
- Directly responsible for the recruitment, selection, supervision, and development of the staff.
- Establishes sales and performance criteria.
- Creates programs to motivate personnel to build unit sales and volume of transactions.
- Directs the orientation and training of all new personnel through coaching and mentoring.
- Monitors clientele to expand customer base.
- Responsible for ongoing evaluation, development, and training of store staff.
- Identifies areas of need and assures the formulation of suitable development programs.
- Follow through at the store level to ensure proper implementation of agreed-upon training programs.
- Directs execution of promotional strategies and programs.
- 2-5 years of management and selling experience.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of store retail practices and concepts.
- Consistently practice in the principles of THE GREAT culture.
- Always maintain a positive and professional attitude.
- Take accountability and ownership of actions in achieving goals.
- Adapt positively to change.
- Consistently demonstrate integrity in all actions and decisions.
- Generate and execute new ideas for driving the business.
- Understand and represent our brand in a polished and professional manner.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary + benefits.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401k and employer match.
- Paid time off (PTO).
- Generous clothing discount.