Merchandise Supervisor - Men's Lab, Full Time: 59th Street
- Earn $15.50 per hour based on experience
- Employee Discount at Bloomingdale's & Macy's Stores
- Day-1 Medical*, Dental, Vision Benefits & More
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Scheduling
*Full-Time Colleagues Only
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Visual Merchandising Supervisor (VMS) leads and inspires a diverse and creative team, balancing creativity with commerce to execute in-store success. The VMS oversees and supervises the visual and merchandising processes in our store: creating visual presentations, using placement and composition of mannequins to convey current trends and seasonal campaign messages. They drive front of house planning to ensure that day in/day out fashion leadership, merchandise presentation techniques and promotional events calendar execution is consistent with corporate visual merchandising. The VMS role models a strong creative sense of fashion leadership balanced with an understanding of metric driven commerce.
- Empower visual and merchandising team to ensure aligned execution of all merchandise strategies, standards presentations and marketing campaigns
- Cultivate a strong business partnership with store leadership team and trade area partners
- Be a visible and responsive collaborator throughout the store
- Embrace and be proficient with technology
- Participate in other support functions and/or assist the in-store customer as needed
Qualifications and Competencies
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years related experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate and share information with diverse groups of customers and peers.
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color vision and climbing ladders.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 50lbs.